This is a guide on how to renew a driving license in Kenya. The process of renewing a driving license in Kenya is no longer tiresome as it used to be in the past. This is after NTSA scraped off the manual renewal of driving licenses in 2014.
The process is faster and more convenient, thanks to technology. You can simply renew your driving license from the comfort of your home or at your convenience via the eCitizen portal, which is a gateway to all government services.
To conveniently access all government services, you need to create an account on the Citizen portal through this link https://accounts.ecitizen.go.ke/register/citizen
Here is a step by step guide on how to renew a driving license in Kenya.
1. Log in to the eCitizen portal with your e-mail address/National ID number and password. You will be prompted to create an account if you don’t have one.
2. Select the NTSA option. You will be redirected to the NTSA dashboard.
3. Click on make application then select driving licenses
4. Choose your preferred option, either one-year driving license renewal or three years renewal. A one-year driving license renewal costs Kshs 600 plus a convenience fee of Kshs 50. For three years of renewal, you will be charged Kshs 1400 plus a convenience fee of Kshs 50.
5. Ensure you cross-check and confirm your details before proceeding.
6. After confirming your details, click apply now then proceed to submit your application.
7. You will be prompted to choose a mode of payment, either through Mpesa or debit/credit card.
8. After successfully making the payments and submitting your application, you can proceed to print your driving license renewal slip.