This is a guide on how to renew a Kenyan passport as of 2019. Passport replacement for lost, expired or mutilated Kenyan passports are easily done online through the eCitizen Portal. Charges for losing or mutilating your passports are as follows.
- Losing your passport- Ksh10,050
- Mutilating your passport – Ksh 12,050
in case your passport has expired, here are the charges for renewing it in Kenya.
- A series (32 pages) – Ksh 4,550
- B series (48 pages) – Ksh 6,050
- C series (64 pages) – Ksh 7,550
- Diplomatic passports – Ksh 7,550
Required Documents For Passport Renewal
- Original National ID and photocopies which are duly certified by a lawyer.
- 3 passport size photos
- Recommender’s ID
- An Ecitizen pre-filled passport application form
- Three invoices
- Personal appearance for biometric capture and digital photo
- The expired passport
- Photocopy of the last two pages of the expired passport.
Recommenders, in this case, can be one of the following.
- An advocate
- A banker
- A religious leader.
- A doctor
- A civil servant
Passport Renewal Application Procedure
- Register on www.ecitizen.go.ke
- Go to immigration.ecitizen.go.ke and click on the passport application form. Alternatively, you can use the Department of immigration services and click on the passport application form.
- Fill the application form accordingly
- Select the mode of payment and pay for the passport fees as I listed above on charges for renewing passports.
- Download the application form after fully filling it and print it and three application receipts.
- Submit the application form in person to the immigration offices; Nyayo House Nairobi, Mombasa, Nakuru, Eldoret, Kisii, Embu, & Kisumu.)
In case you have any other queries on the renewal process, you can contact the immigration offices below.
Mombasa Office – 0708206206
Nairobi (Nyayo House) office – 0772246669