This is a step by step guide on how to repay HELB loan from the diaspora. HELB loans are low-interest government-backed facilities that are available for Kenyan students pursuing higher education in Kenya and the Eastern Africa region. The loan allows students to finance their studies while enjoying low-interest rates.
HELB undergraduate loan repayment starts within one year of completion of studies or within such a period as the board decides to recall the loan whichever is earlier. You can also make voluntary payments before or after you complete your studies to reduce your loan balance. This article will mainly focus on how Kenyans living abroad can repay their HELB loan.
How To Repay HELB Loan From Diaspora
Kenyans living abroad can repay their HELB loans through the methods listed below.
- Payments can be made instantly from the US and Canada through Wave via KCB Account Number 1103266314.
- Go to www.sendwave.com to update/download the app and then make transfers immediately.
- Forward the wave email notification as well as your ID number to [email protected]
2. World Remit
- Log in to www.worldremit.com.
- Select the ‘Bank Deposit’ service from the blue ‘Send to’ box on the page.
- Choose whether to make the transfer to a Kenyan shilling or US dollar account.
- Enter the amount you want to transfer.
- Enter recipient’s details KCB Account Number 1103266314.
- Pay online using a credit or debit card.
- Use your ID number as the reference.
- You will receive an SMS and email notification once the transfer is complete.
- Forward the email notification to [email protected]
3. Online Payment Via HELB Portal
- Register an account with HELB online portal. If you have one, proceed to log in.
- Once logged in, click on Online services then the Online Payment menu.
- Enter your National ID number as your account number.
- Enter the amount you are paying and click Pay Now.
- Once the payment is successful, a payment acknowledgement will be issued.
- HELB will issue an official receipt for the payment.
Head Office: Anniversary Towers, 19th Floor.
Tel: 0711 052 000.
Email: [email protected]
Check out: How To Repay HELB Loan Using Mpesa