This is a step by step guide on how to replace a lost NHIF card. NHIF is a state parastatal that was established in 1966. The parastatal’s core mandate is to provide affordable, accessible and sustainable medical cover to all.
It is compulsory for all employed persons to be members of NHIF. Those who are in the informal sector or unemployed can also register with the parastatal and will be required to make monthly payments of Kshs 500.
Registration as a member of NHIF can be done online via the NHIF self-care portal, an online platform that provides easy access to all services offered by the parastatal.
Once you register with NHIF, you will be issued an NHIF membership card. The card will be processed after 14 working days. It can be collected at any NHIF office or Huduma Centre near you.
If by any chance the card gets lost or defaced, you can easily replace it by visiting any NHIF office or Huduma Centre.
There are several NHIF offices and Huduma centres located in major towns in the country. You can simply visit the nearest branch.
How To Replace A Lost NHIF Card
1. Go to any National Bank, Equity Bank, Co-operative Bank or Equity Bank and make a payment of Kshs 100. This is the fee charged for replacing a lost NHIF card.
2. Ensure you inform the bank teller that you are paying for a card replacement.
3. You will be issued a bank slip after successfully making the payment.
4. Once you have paid, take the banking slip to any NHIF branch or Huduma Centre near you.
5. A new card will be printed for you instantly upon presentation of the banking slip.
The following are the necessary requirements for the replacement of a lost card.
- Photocopy of National Identity Card.
- Kshs 100, which is the fee charged.
Important NHIF Articles