This is a step by step guide on how to replace a lost NSSF membership card. National Social Security Fund (NSSF) was established in 1965 through an Act of Parliament Cap 218 of the laws of Kenya.
NSSF is a pension scheme to which every Kenyan with an income shall contribute a percentage of his/her gross earnings, so as to be guaranteed basic compensation in case of permanent disability, basic assistance to needy dependants in case of death and a monthly life pension upon retirement.
NSSF offers social protection to all Kenyan workers, whether in the formal or informal sector. It registers members, receives their contribution, manages funds, processes and ultimately pay out benefits to eligible members or dependants.
How To Replace Lost NSSF Membership Card
NSSF provides room for replacement of a lost or defaced membership card. The process can conveniently be done at NSSF offices or branches and at Huduma centres located in different parts of the country.
- Copy or photocopy of National Identity Card (ID).
- Kshs 200, which is the fee charged for acquiring a duplicate card.
- Visit any NSSF office or Huduma Centre that is near you. You can alternatively check on this site for all the NSSF branches and Huduma centres located in different parts of the country.
- In case you go to Huduma Centre, visit the NSSF desk and seek assistance from their. You will be directed accordingly with the attendants or customer care personnel.
- Present your National Identity Card (ID) for verification. You can present your original ID or a copy of it in case you don’t have the original card.
- Once your ID has been verified, the NSSF officer assigned to you will assess the necessary information and re-generate your lost NSSF membership card.
- The process is instant. You will be issued with your duplicate membership card instantly, once everything has been processed.
NSSF Head office
Location: Social Security Hse Nbi, Bishop Rd
Contact: 020 2729911