This is a simple guide on how to reset your forgotten Mpesa PIN. An M-Pesa PIN is a personal identification number/secret code used to access and operate Mpesa services such as deposit, withdraw, transfer money, pay for goods and services (Lipa na M-Pesa), and access credit & savings.
If you input your Mpesa PIN five times incorrectly, your Mpesa account will be blocked. This can be frustrating since you can’t access any Mpesa services.
How To Reset Your Forgotten Mpesa PIN
1. On your phone Dial *334#
2. Select option 7 ( My Account)
3. Select option 4 Mpesa PIN manager
4. Choose option 1 ( Mpesa Forgot PIN)
5. Enter your ID/Passport Number
6. You will be prompted to enter your Mpesa Balance/ Fuliza Limit
4. You will receive a Start PIN to set up a new Mpesa PIN
5. To change your MPesa PIN, go to the Mpesa Menu, select My Account, and then choose change Mpesa PIN. When asked to enter the Old PIN, use the start PIN that has just been sent and then enter your New PIN.
If you encounter any problem, call Safaricom toll-free on 100.