This is a step by step guide on how to sambaza Safaricom Bonga Points. Bonga Points is a loyalty scheme for all Safaricom Prepay and Postpay subscribers. You need to register or activate your line to start earning Bonga Points.
Earning of Bonga Points starts as soon as you register your line. You earn one Bonga Point for every Kshs 10 spent on voice calls, SMS or data. Earnings depend on how you use your Safaricom line. The more you use your line, the more points you get.
How To Activate Bonga Points
- Dial *126# and follow the prompts as will be indicated.
- You will receive a confirmation SMS once enrolled. You will automatically get 10 free points.
- If you register your personal information when enrolling to Bonga, Safaricom will automatically reward you with 30 free points. Personal information can be registered at any Safaricom Retail Centre or through Safaricom’s customer care service.
Bonga Points can be redeemed for rewards. This ranges from talk time (minutes), data, SMS, MMS bundles to merchandise redeemable at any Safaricom retail centres countrywide . You can also redeem Bonga Points at any Buy goods, Lipa na Mpesa merchant and select paybill numbers countrywide.All this can be done via the USSD *126#.
Safaricom also allows one to share his/her Bonga Points with friends, family or colleagues.
How To Sambaza Bonga Points
- Dial *126# and select submenu 5, ‘Transfer Bonga Points’.
- Alternatively, dial *126*5#.
- Enter the recipient mobile number.
- Enter amount to transfer.
- Enter Bonga PIN.
- Click Ok to confirm.
How To Check Bonga Points
- Dial *126# and select 2.
- Alternatively, dial *126*2#.
- You will receive a flash message indicating your Bonga Points balance.
- As a prepay subscriber you can check your total points one hour after the last airtime usage.
- If you are a postpay subscriber, points are credited to your account as soon as call records are updated on Safaricom’s system.