This is a guide on how to send money to other networks via Mpesa Tuma Popote. Mpesa Tuma Popote is a service by Safaricom that allows Mpesa customers to send and receive money directly from other mobile money customers registered on other networks such as Airtel and Telkom.
Any Safaricom subscriber registered on Mpesa, sending to an Airtel customer who is registered on Airtel Money or Tkash for Telkom Kenya customers is eligible to use Mpesa Tuma Popote.
Customers will access Mpesa Tuma Popote via shortcode (USSD) to send money to mobile money registered users on other networks, as opposed to sending money to other Mpesa subscribers via the Safaricom app or Sim toolkit.
How To Send Money Via Mpesa Tuma Popote
- Dial *334#.
- Select send money.
- Select send to other network.
- Enter mobile number.
- Enter amount then complete the transaction with your Mpesa PIN.
- It is possible to send money to customers who are not registered for mobile money on the other networks via the USSD *334#. Respective charges for sending to unregistered customers will apply.
- Incase you send money to a wrong recipient via Mpesa Tuma Popote, it is possible to request for a reversal. Simply call Safaricom or send an SMS to 100 or 200 to initiate reversals.
Limits For Sending/Receiving Money On Mpesa Tuma Popote
Daily Mpesa transaction limits apply when sending or receiving money on Mpesa Tuma Popote.
- The minimum send amount is Kshs 101 while the maximum send amount is Kshs 150,000.
- The current send money on net tariff will apply when sending money.
How To Access Money Sent Via Mpesa Tuma Popote
- Money sent via Mpesa Tuma Popote will be directly credited to the recipient’s mobile money wallet where it can be accessed via the applicable channels.
- The recipient will be charged according to the tariff of their respective mobile money service for withdrawal purposes.