This is a step by step guide on how to start a children’s home in Kenya. Any person who wishes to establish a children’s home in Kenya must get approval from the Ministry of Labour and Social Protection, through the National Council for Children’s Services and Area Advisory Council.
How To Start A Children’s Home In Kenya
1. Do a name search and reservation by simply visiting your nearest Huduma Centre or office of the Registrar General.
2. Visit the National Council for Children’s Services with the institution’s name and other necessary required documents.
3. Officials at the NCCS office will give you an application form to fill.
4. Duly fill the application form and submit it to the Area Advisory Council operating in your area.
5. The Area Advisory Council will acknowledge receipt of the application within 30 days and shall communicate when to inspect the premises (children’s home).
6. The Area Advisory Council will visit the premises to see if it has met the required standards for best practice.
7. If the premises meet the required standards, the director of the Area Advisory Council with the approval of NCCS, will recommend to the Ministry of Labour and Social Protection to issue a certificate of registration to the children’s home. This is done after a period of 3 months.
8. Registration for a children’s home is free of charge.
Ministry of Labour and Social Protection Contacts
Location: Bishops Road, Social Security House, Nairobi.
Contacts: 027 29801/804-819, 020 272 6497.
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out: List Of Children’s Homes In Nairobi