This article focuses on ways to top up Nairobi Expressway ETC and MTC cards. MOJA Expressway, the company that manages the Nairobi Expressway offers several ways to top up your Manual Toll Collection (MTC) or Electronic Toll Collection (ETC) cards. These methods, which include online, offline, and use of third-party payment providers, cater to various preferences and ensure a seamless toll payment experience. Below are the available options, along with step-by-step guides for each approach.
How To Top Up Nairobi Expressway ETC and MTC Cards
Offline Top-Up at MOJA Expressway Offices
Visit Moja Expressway offices along Mombasa Road or their Lavington offices for in-person top-up.
- Mombasa Road Service Centre: City Cabanas, Nairobi Expressway Plaza
- Lavington Service Centre: Next to Maria Immaculata Hospital, Gitanga Road
Online Mpesa Top-Up via Moja Expressway Website
Register an account on the Moja Expressway website (customer.nairobiexpressway.ke) for a convenient Mpesa top-up.
Top up Via Stanbic Bank
ExpressPay by Stanbic Bank allows everyone to pay for Manual Toll Collection (MTC) or Electronic Toll Collection (ETC) for Moja Expressway services via MPESA using our USSD Code *208#. The good thing about this method is that you don’t have to be a Stanbic Bank client to use the service even non-Stanbic customers can use it.
- To get started simply dial *208#
- Select “Pay for Nairobi Express Way”
- Select “Nairobi Expressway”
- Then select either “Top up ETC or Top up MTC”
- Next, follow the prompts and fill in the requested details
- Finally, select the amount you wish to up, and submit.
Top Up via NCBA Now App
NCBA Bank users who use the Nairobi Expressway can top up their ETC and MTC units using the NCBA app. Follow the steps below.
- Log in to your NCBA Now App with your current set of credentials.
- Navigate to the Transaction Menu > Bill Payments > Expressway Payment.
- Enter your OBU or MTC details and query the biller account to validate the details against the Moja Expressway registration.
- You can save these beneficiary details for ease of use in the future.
- Submit the details and validate through the In-App OTP (one-time-password).
- You will receive an in-app confirmation with transaction details.
Top Up Via Standard Chartered Bank
Standard Chartered is another bank mandated to collect the toll fees in the new Nairobi Expressway. This means that you can top up your OBU or the MTC directly from the SC Mobile App or through Online Banking. Follow the steps below.
- Log in to your SC Mobile app or Online Banking.
- Select Payments > One Time Bill Payment > Biller Type: Toll Road > Biller Name: Nairobi Expressway.
- Choose a Top-up type: OBU or Card.
- Enter your 16-digit OBU number or card number, along with your passport or ID number registered with Nairobi Expressway.
- Confirm the information provided and complete the payment.
MOJA Expressway Contacts