Did you know that it is possible to withdraw money from Mpesa using an ATM? This service has been around for some time despite the fact that not many Kenyans use it. The ATM withdrawal service is available to Mpesa registered customers and is currently available on Equity Bank, KCB, Family Bank, Sidian Bank, Stanbic Bank, NIC Bank, Credit Bank, Prime Bank, GT Bank, Faulu Bank, Solution Sacco, and DIB Bank ATMs.
The maximum amount you can withdraw from Mpesa using an ATM is Ksh 20,000.
How To Withdraw Money From Mpesa Through an ATM
1. On your phone, select ‘Withdraw Cash’ from the Mpesa menu
2. Select ‘From ATM’
3. Enter Agent number which is 555555 if you are withdrawing from these ATMs: KCB, Family Bank, Sidian Bank, Stanbic Bank, NIC Bank, Credit Bank, Prime Bank, GT Bank, Faulu Bank, Solution Sacco & DIB Bank and if you are withdrawing from Equity Bank ATMs use the Agent Number 286286
4. Enter your Mpesa PIN
5. You will receive an SMS notification from Mpesa with a 6-digit authorization code. (The code expires after 4 minutes and you will be expected to initiate the transaction afresh from your phone if you need to withdraw money again.)
6. Select the Mpesa button on the ATMs
7. Select your preferred language
8. Enter the 6-digit ATM Authorization Code on the ATM keyboard.
9. Enter your Safaricom mobile number.
10. Enter the amount you wish to withdraw, press CONTINUE to proceed with the transaction.
11. The ATM will dispense your cash and issue you with a receipt. You will also receive an SMS from Mpesa confirming the transaction.
Mpesa ATM Withdraw Charges
[docxpresso file=”https://victormatara.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/Mpesa-ATM-Withdraw-Charges.odt” comments=”true” SVG=”true”]