PayPal is a worldwide online payment system that supports online money transfers. It is undoubtedly the most common means of money transfer in Kenya, especially for those involved in online work such as article and academic writing.
Withdrawing money from PayPal used to be a hard experience for most Kenyans as it initially involved bank transfers only. However, that is no longer the case as PayPal recently partnered with Safaricom to allow customers to make withdrawals directly to their M-Pesa accounts.
To qualify for the Paypal to M-Pesa service, you only need to have an eligible Kenyan PayPal and M-Pesa account. You must link the two accounts to start using the service.
Withdrawals from PayPal to M-Pesa usually take between 2 hours to 3 days to be processed, depending the value of the transaction made.
Here is a guide on how to make withdrawals from PayPal to MPesa.
1. Log in to your PayPal account using this URL https://www.paypal-mobilemoney.com/m-pesa
2. Click on Withdraw. Your available balance will be displayed in USD. However, if the available balance is in a different currency, simply convert the amount to USD
3. Enter the amount you would like to withdraw. (In USD). Click on continue to withdraw.
4. The amount to be received in KES, the exchange rate used for the conversion and the estimated transaction processing time will be displayed on a page.
5. Confirm the transaction and wait for the funds to reflect on your M-Pesa after the estimated transaction processing time.