This is a simple guide on how to withdraw money from Standard Chartered Bank account to Mpesa. It is one of the 38 licensed commercial banks that has been operating in Kenya since 1910. It is a subsidiary of Standard Chartered PLC, a British multinational banking and financial services company headquartered in London.
The tier 1 bank prides itself for being the first international bank to open a branch in Kenya and also the first bank to introduce Automatic Teller Machines (ATMs). You can withdraw money from your Standard Chartered bank account using the *722# USSD Code or through their mobile application as explained below.
1. Log in to the Standard Chartered Bank App
2. Go to payments and select either “Pay to Saved Biller” or “One Time Bill Payment”
3. If doing One Time Bill Payment, Select “Mobile Money”, then choose “Mpesa” and enter the mobile number.
4. Select account to withdraw from
5. Input the amount you want to withdraw and description
6. Select Continue
7. Confirm details and continue
8. Input the OTP received via SMS and confirm the withdrawal
Standard Chartered Bank Contacts
Phone: +254 20 329 3900, +254 703 093 900
Address: Chiromo, Level 4, 48 Westland’s Road