This article lists all courses offered at Kasarani Technical and Vocational College, their requirements, and their fee structure. Kasarani Technical and Vocational College is a government-sponsored TVET institution situated in Kasarani sub-county, Nairobi, 1.5 km away from Kamulu shopping centre, off Kangundo road.
The school specializes in providing practical skills to young individuals through a range of artisan, certificate, diploma, and CBET courses in various technical fields.
Intakes for new students are conducted in the months of January, May, and September. KNEC oversees the examination process for diploma and certificate programs, while TVET CDACC is responsible for examining the artisan courses.
Courses Offered at Kasarani Technical and Vocational College
Below is a comprehensive list of courses offered at KTVC grouped into its 8 academic departments.
Mechanical Engineering Department
- Diploma in Welding & Fabrication
- Craft Certificate in Welding & Fabrication
- Artisan in Welding and Fabrication
- Manual Metal Arc Welding
Building And Civil Engineering Department
- Diploma in Building Technology
- Craft Certificate in Building Technology
- Certificate in Plumbing
- Artisan in Plumbing
Automotive Engineering Department
- Diploma in Automotive Engineering
- Craft Certificate in Automotive Engineering
- Artisan in Motor Vehicle Mechanics
- Automotive Technician
Electrical & Electronics Engineering Department
- Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering (Power option)
- Craft Certificate in Electrical and Electronics Engineering (Power option)
- Artisan in Electrical Installation
Business Studies Department
- Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Craft Certificate in Human Resource Management
- Diploma in Supply Chain Management
- Craft Certificate in Supply Chain Management
- Diploma in Business Management
- Craft Certificate in Business Management
- Diploma in Social Work & Community development
- Certificate in Social Work & Community Development
ICT and Computer Studies Department
- Diploma in ICT
- Craft Certificate in ICT
- Diploma in Information Science
- Certificate in Information Science
Hospitality Institutional Management Department
- Certificate in Catering and Accommodation
- Craft Certificate in Food & Beverage
- Artisan in Food and Beverage
Agriculture and Environmental Studies Department
- Diploma in General Agriculture
- Certificate in General Agriculture
- Artisan in General Agriculture
- Horticulture Nursery Management
- Cake Baking and Icing: Open to anybody, duration of 2 weeks, offered in April, August, and December.
- Basic Cookery and Pastry: Open to anybody, duration of 2 weeks, offered in April, August, and December.
- Confectionery: Open to all, duration of 2 weeks, offered in April, August, and December.
- Digital Literacy: Open to students with any grade in KCSE, duration of 3 months, offered in April, August, and December.
To apply for the Artisan course at Kasarani Technical and Vocational College, you must have completed secondary school and taken the KCSE Level Exam. For the Certificate course, applicants should possess a minimum grade of D+ in KCSE or hold an artisan certificate from a recognized institute or its equivalent.
For the Diploma course, applicants should have a minimum grade of C- in KCSE or hold a craft certificate from a recognized institute or its equivalent qualification.
Diploma courses take 3 years to complete while certificate courses run for 2 years. Artisan and CBET courses take 1 year to complete.
Kasarani Technical and Vocational College Fee Structure
Kasarani TVC charges a tuition fee of Ksh 56,420 per year for all their courses.
As a KUCCPS student enrolled in a TVET institution, the government covers a capitation fee of Ksh 30,000 per year for the duration of your course. As such, your parent or guardian will only be responsible for the remaining amount of Ksh 26,420.
In the event that you are unable to afford the Ksh 26,420, as a TVET student, you have the opportunity to apply for a HELB loan of up to Ksh 40,000.
Kasarani TVC Contact Details
Postal Address: P.o Box 51898-00200, Nairobi
Phone Number: 0716685054
Email Address: email@example.com