This article focuses on Kenpipe Sacco membership eligibility and requirements. Kenpipe Sacco Society was established in 1981 by employees of Kenya Pipeline Company as a welfare organisation with less than 140 members.
The society has currently substantive membership from Kenya Pipeline Company but has expanded its common bond. Its core business is to provide a savings avenue to members and advance loans to them.
Kenpipe Sacco Membership Eligibility
- Employees of Kenya Pipeline Company and its subsidiaries, provided that they comply with the provisions of the Sacco’s by-laws.
- Any person, institution or group may be admitted into the membership of the society upon fulfilling such conditions as prescribed in the by-laws and membership policy.
Kenpipe Sacco Membership Qualification
A person, institution or group shall be eligible for membership of the society if they possess the following qualifications;
- Is within the field of membership as prescribed in the Sacco’s by-laws.
- Is at least 18 years of age, if a natural person.
- Is not directly involved in money lending, provided that this provision shall not apply to legitimately registered entities formed for that purpose.
- Is not carrying out such activities detrimental to the objectives of the society.
- Is of good character.
- Has regular income from employment, business, trade or any other legitimate source.
- Has accepted the objectives of the society, obligation of members and other conditions as stated in the by-laws and membership policy.
Kenpipe Sacco Membership Requirements
- Complete membership application form which is available on the Sacco’s website.
- Registration fee of Kshs 1,000.
- Initial share capital of Kshs 2,000.
- Copies of National ID/Passport and KRA PIN certificate.
Kenpipe Sacco Products
(i). FOSA Loans
- Weekend njema loan.
- Salary advance.
- FOSA emergency loan.
- FOSA okoa loan.
(ii). BOSA Loans
- Taratibu loan.
- Normal loan.
- Almasi loan.
- Makao loan.
- School fees loan.
- Emergency loan.
- Karibu loan.
- Super loan.
(iii). Savings Products
- Share capital.
- Ordinary account.
- KESASA scheme.
- Group account.
- Fixed deposit account.
Kenpipe Sacco Contacts
Location: Industrial Area, Off Nanyuki Road, Nairobi.
Contacts: 0710 600 999/ 0735 700 971.