This article focuses on Kenya Highlands Sacco membership eligibility and requirements. Kenya Highlands Sacco was registered on 8th August 1991 under the Ministry of Co-operative Development and Marketing.
The society was formerly known as Kericho Tea Growers Sacco. It was established to promote the quality of life of its members by providing quality products and services.
It is a deposit-taking Sacco undertaking FOSA and BOSA activities. Currently, it has an asset base of 3.95 billion with a membership of more than 120,000.
Kenya Highlands Sacco Membership Eligibility
Membership is open to all customers from all walks of life including;
- Tea farmers.
- Dairy farmers.
- Sugarcane farmers.
- Coffee farmers.
- Micro groups.
- Public and private companies.
- Any employees of the sacco and their family members.
Kenya Highlands Sacco Membership Requirements
- National ID.
- Registration fee of Kshs 150.
- Be of good character and sound mind.
- One should not directly or indirectly be a money lender, cash daily collector or carrying out such activities detrimental to the objectives of the Sacco.
- Have the desire to engage in a regular savings programme.
Rights of Members
- Elect or be elected into the organ of the society unless otherwise prohibited by any other law or by-laws.
- Attend and participate in decision-making at all zonal meetings of the Sacco society and vote.
- Use society services according to the policies and procedures approved by the board.
- Submit projects or initiatives to the board for consideration that focus on improvement of the financial services.
- Access all legitimate information relating to society.
- Receive periodically and at least once a year, a statement of accounts containing the individualized of his/her credit and debit transactions. Any other request will be at a fee prescribed by the management.
- Other rights as prescribed by the acts and rules.
Kenya Highlands Sacco Contacts
Head Office: Kapsoit Trading Centre, Along Kericho- Kisumu Highway.
Contact: 0719 471 633.