The police force is thought to be a very prestigious profession. However, the Kenya Police Salary has been a question for many over years. So, what are the Kenyan police ranks and how much do they earn in 2018?
According to a recent salary increment which will be spread in four phases the officers will be earning the salaries below;
1. A constable, who currently earns a basic salary of Sh17,800, will pocket Sh32,880 by 2020.
2. A police officer in the rank of corporal, who has been earning Sh21,000, will by the end of the four-phase increment earn a monthly salary of Sh42,660.
3. A sergeant who has been taking home Sh28,671 will now pocket Sh45,540.
4. Senior sergeants will get Sh50,220, up from Sh31,737.
5. Inspector of police will earn a basic salary of Sh53,820, up from Sh33,903.
6. Assistant superintendent of police will be taking home Sh70,530.
7. A Superintendent will be earning Ksh Sh73,020
8. A Senior superintendent will get Sh85,890.
9. A commissioner of police will earn a monthly salary of Sh130,590
10. Assistant inspector-general of police will pocket Sh187,890.
11. A senior assistant inspector-general will be earning Sh274,890 every month
12. The Inspector General of Police will be earning Sh854,241, according to the new structure.