The Kenya School of Law (KSL) is the only bar school in Kenya. After their completion of an Undergraduate Degrees in Law from a recognized university, students attend the Kenya School of Law to be prepared for admission to the Kenyan Bar. Through this article, you are going to get an insight into the entry requirements one needs to have in order to join the Kenya School of Law.
Secondary school qualifications
1. A minimum grade B plain in English language or Kiswahili and mean grade of C+ or its equivalent.
2. An applicant with secondary school qualifications other than KCSE must first obtain equation from Kenya National Examinations Council before applying for examinations.
1. An applicant from a recognized University must have obtained an LL.B degree or become eligible for conferment of one.
2. An applicant who holds or is eligible for conferment of an LL.B degree from a foreign university must first have obtained clearance from the Council of Legal Education (CLE) before applying for the examinations.
Application and Registration
An application of examination shall be in the prescribed form available for download from the School website. The status of every application will be posted on the KSL website. The application fee is non-refundable.
Kenya School of Law Examinations Fee
- Application Fees – Ksh. 2,000
- Examination Fees – Ksh. 5,000
Kenya School of Law Bank Details
All payments to be made to:
Bank: Co-operative Bank of Kenya
Account Name: Kenya School of Law
Account No: 01129706350500