Bank tellers are the front-line transaction officers that attends to customers’ day to day transactions in the banking halls.They are always smart and cheerful in attending to customers’ requests and that is why most banks require smart and young looking employees between the ages of 24-26. Here some of the qualifications for a Bank Teller Job in Kenya.
Key Qualifications for a Bank Teller Job in Kenya
- You must have CPA 2 or ACCA
- You must have knowledge of banking products and services of customer service with the interpersonal skills and initiative to quickly resolve any customer issues .
- Sound knowledge of the bank’s laid-down policies and procedures related to telling
- Minimum of C+ mean grade at KCSE or Division II at O level
- Minimum of grade C in Mathematics, English or Kiswahili
- Degree holder from a recognized University (min – 2nd class upper or equivalent).
- Relevant computer skills
- Knowledge of customer service principles
These are some of the key responsibilities of a bank teller in most kenyans banks.
-Receive and count working cash at beginning of shift
-Identify customers, validate and cash cheque
-Accept cash and cheques for deposit and cheques accuracy of deposit slip
process cash withdrawals
-Perform specialized tasks such as preparing cashier’s cheques, personal money orders, issuing traveler’s cheques and exchanging foreign currency
– Perform services for customers such as ordering bank cards and cheques
– Receive and verify loan payments, mortgage payments and utility bill payments
– Record all transactions promptly, accurately and in compliance with bank procedures
-Balance currency, cash and cheques in cash drawer at end of each shift
– Answer inquiries regarding checking and savings accounts and other bank related products
-Attempt to resolve issues and problems with customer’s accounts
-Initiate and open new accounts
-Explain, advise on and promote bank products and services to customers