Home Travel List Of 10 Interesting Facts About Dubai 2019

List Of 10 Interesting Facts About Dubai 2019

by Guest Writer

This is a list of 10 interesting quick facts about Dubai as of 2019. As one of the world’s top tourist destinations, Dubai offers something for everyone. Whether it’s marvelling at the city’s futuristic architecture, exploring its artistic neighbourhoods, or enjoying a gastronomic journey in its many eateries. Here’s a breakdown of some of the interesting facts about Dubai. 

 

Featuring more than 100 incredible indoor and outdoor rides and attractions across four different parks, MOTIONGATE™ Dubai, Bollywood Parks™ Dubai, LEGOLAND® Dubai and LEGOLAND® Water Park, Dubai Parks & Resorts offer visitors the ultimate adrenaline-pumping experience.

 

  • 25 – Metres, The Height at Which Actors Perform Aerial Stunts In La Perle

Located in the heart of Al Habtoor City, La Perle brings to life a breathtaking fusion of artistic performance, creative imagery and ground-breaking technology. Directed by one of the world’s most renowned artistic directors, Franco Dragone, the 90-minute live performance features 65 world-class artists from 23 different countries, each bringing their own unique set of skills to the show –from dance to aerobics.

 

  • 29 – The Percentage of UAE Government Ministers who are Women

The UAE aims to be among the top 25 nations worldwide excelling in the field of women’s empowerment. Both the United Nations and the World Economic Forum have recognized the country for its success in promoting gender equality and the role of women in all spheres of life. The UAE has nine women ministers, out of a total of 31. This means that that 29 per cent of its ministers are female, making it one of the highest rates of ministerial representation in the region. Women also make up 66 per cent of public sector workers, with 30 per cent of them being in leadership roles.

 

Currently standing as the world’s longest urban zip line, extending a full kilometre from a height of 170 metres to ground level, the XLine Dubai Marina features an incline of 16 degrees and reaches an average top speed of 80 kilometres per hour.

 

At over 828 metres high, Burj Khalifa is the tallest building in the world. It was opened in 2010 and contains apartments, offices, two observation decks, a hotel and the world’s highest restaurant and bar.

 

  • 200+ – The Number of Different Nationalities Living in Dubai

From its inception as a trading port, through to its evolution as one of the world’s top tourist destinations, Dubai has welcomed people of all nationalities to live and work within the city. It is now home to over 200 different nationalities. Actually, it is estimated that around 15 percent of Dubai’s population are Emiratis, while the other 85 percent are expatriates.

 

Dubai’s diverse mix of cultures has inspired a food scene that is as varied as its cosmopolitan population; from glittering establishments serving the ultimate in haute cuisine to hidden gems that have been favourites amongst the locals for decades and newly-founded street eats, there is something to suit every taste and budget. Africans and travellers to Dubai are also braced with restaurants that serve cuisines from the African continent. For instance, Dubai is the home to the third tallest hotel in the world; Burj Al Arab- which also happens to be a 7-star hotel. 

 

Just a short drive from Downtown Dubai, Dubai Safari Park spans over 119 hectares. The park is divided into different sections – Asian Village, African Village and Open Safari Village – and recreates the different habitats suitable for its varied and unique wildlife, including 2,500 animals from over 250 different species from around the world.

 

Covering an area of more than 28 football fields, IMG Worlds of Adventure is the largest indoor theme park in the world. The park is split into five different theme zones, featuring 17 different rides that are suitable for young and the young-at-heart!

 

  • 88.2 Million – Passengers Passed Through Dubai International Airport In 2017

Dubai International Airport is one of the busiest aviation hubs in the world, last year welcoming over 88 million passengers. The recent announcement of changes to transit visas in Dubai makes choosing the airport as part of your flight itinerary an even more attractive option, with it now being much easier for travellers to explore the city for 48 hours as part of a layover.

 10.5 million- The number of dump trucks full of sand that made Palm Jumeirah

Check Out
Best Online Hotel Booking Sites In Kenya 2018

The creation of this artificial island started in 2001 and completed in 2011. It’s said that the Palm Jumeirah is large enough that it took 10.5 million dump trucks worth of sand to create it.


Carol Wanza is a senior account manager at Newmark IMC – a leading Integrated Marketing Communications (IMC) firm in Nairobi, Kenya. 

Copy link