These are the most marketable certificate courses in Kenya as of 2018. Most of the courses that you will see outlined below are for people who got C plain, C- and D, D+ or D- in Kenya certificate of secondary final examinations. The main essence of pursuing such courses is to help an individual to be his/her own boss; self-employment.
Based on the research I did, these are the most marketable certificate courses in Kenya at the moment ;
1. Certificate in Catering & Accommodation Operations
2. Certificate in Information Technology (Study software, hardware, programming and issues to do with repairs so that you can easily open up a shop and serve your customers rather than seeking employment )
3. Certificate in Science Laboratory Technology
4. Motorcycle mechanics certificate
5. Certificate in Beauty Therapy
6. Certificate in Laundry and Dry Cleaning Technology
7. Certificate in Front Office Operations and Customer Care services.
8. Certificate in Clearing and Forwarding
9. Certificate in Computerized Secretarial Studies
10. Certificate in Business and Office Management
Avoid courses like Certificate in Sales & Marketing, Certificate in Mass communication, certificate in engineering courses and a certificate in Banking and Finance if you don’t want to tarmac the whole of your life looking for a job.
Most of the certificate courses we have highlighted above take at least one year to complete.