This is a list of all products offered by Absa Life Assurance in Kenya as of 2020. Absa Life Assurance, formerly Barclays Life Assurance, is one of the 56 licensed insurance companies in Kenya by the Insurance Regulatory Authority. It is a division of Absa Bank Kenya which is a subsidiary of South Africa-based Absa Group Limited.
Their products include life and family, car and home, medical, business, travel, and payment card Insurance.
My life and family Insurance
1. Personal Accident
This policy ensures that you and your loved ones do not suffer in case you are involved in an accident. It covers death, permanent disability, temporary loss of income due to disablement, and medical expenses arising from an accident.
2. Family protection funeral cover
This policy ensures you get a decent farewell in the event of death. Funeral costs and day-to-day living expenses are covered. The policy also pays out a lump sum to your selected beneficiaries in the event of death. You get to choose the family members and level of cover you wish to include in the funeral policy – ranging from Ksh 50,000 to Ksh 500,000.
You can add up to a maximum of 5 children as beneficiaries. Your children’s cover will continue past the age of 21. You must be younger than 84 years to apply for this cover.
This policy ensures that your children’s education is covered should anything happen to you. The sum assured is between Ksh 100 000 and Ksh 5 million.
4. Credit life insurance
This policy eases the burden of your loans, credit card bills, as well as vehicle and asset financing instalments in the event you are unable to fulfil your obligations.
My Car and Home
1. Care Insurance
This policy provides protection against loss of and damage to all types of vehicles. It can be a comprehensive cover, Third-party, fire, and theft, or Third-party.
- Comprehensive cover – It provides cover in the event the car gets damaged due to an accident, storm, hail, floods, or fire. It also covers theft and attempted theft, damage to another person’s property, and liability to a third party caused by an accident. This is is the highest level of cover a person can have if they take out motor insurance
It will cover you while in hospital and out of the hospital. It provides cover for the services listed below.
1. In-patient treatments
- Consultation fees directly leading to hospitalization
- Evacuation costs directly leading to hospitalization
- Costs for hospital accommodation
- Theatre charges and the costs of surgical appliances and toiletries
- Doctors’ fees (physicians, surgeons, anaesthetists)
- Medical investigations and pathology i.e. X-rays, scans, laboratory tests, etc.
- Day-care surgery
- Prescribed medications and dressings
- Radiotherapy and chemotherapy
- In-hospital physiotherapy
- Post-hospitalization: out-patient follow-up for accidental and surgical cases for one month after discharge
2. Out-patient treatments
- Consultation with a general practitioner
- Consultation with a specialist upon referral by a general practitioner
- Laboratory investigations and X-rays
- Prescription medicines
- Out-patient procedures e.g. dressings
- Physiotherapists’ fees
The cover also provides other optional benefits such as maternity, dental, and optical.
1. Fire and special perils
It protects your business against a variety of potential threats and losses such as bushfire, earthquake, fire and shock, riot and strike, malicious damage, explosion, storm, floods, aircraft and other aerial devices and/or articles dropped air, impact by road vehicles, horses or cattle not belonging to or in control of the insured, bursting or overflowing of water tanks, apparatus or pipes, subterranean fire, Lightning Explosion of boilers or gas used for domestic purposes.
2. Marine insurance
It covers goods and merchandise in transit from one place to another.
3. Business Combined
This policy covers multi-line assets and liabilities. It also gives employees benefits. Its advantages include;
- One renewal date
- Single premium
- Covers all aspects of core business
This policy covers all your travel emergencies. This includes a cancelled flight, lost luggage, delayed departures, accidents, illness, loss of documents, accidental injuries, medical expenses, personal liabilities, legal expenses, and all travel emergencies incurred while travelling for business or pleasure.
Payment card insurance
This policy provides cover in the event your Absa card gets stolen.
Address: 3rd Floor, Acacia Building, Westlands Office Park, Off Waiyaki Way Westlands, Nairobi