This is a list of all agriculture insurers in Kenya. According to a recent Economic Survey of Kenya, GDP from agriculture is averaged to be around Ksh205818.97 Million in the first quarter of 2017. GDP from agriculture has not been stable lately because of many factors which make production reduce or increase.
On that note, agriculture insurance protects farmers against loss of or damage to crops or livestock. Farmers pay a premium to the agriculture insurers who in turn compensate them when they incur losses. Agriculture insurance encourages greater and more investment in farming.
Some of the insurance products which are available to Kenyans are:
- Crop Insurance
- Horticulture Insurance
- Livestock Insurance
- Forestry (Tree Crop) Insurance
Here are all the insurance companies which you need to look out for when you want agriculture insurance.
1. Madison Insurance Company
2. Kenya Orient Insurance Company
3. UAP General Insurance Company
4. African Merchant Assurance Ltd.
5. Heritage Insurance Company
6. ICEA LION General Insurance Company
7. APA Insurance Company
8. Jubilee Insurance Company
9. CIC General Insurance Company