In this article, we will have a look at all the Central Bank of Kenya (CBK) branches and their contacts. The Central Bank of Kenya is the monetary authority of Kenya. It plays a very important role in ensuring financial stability in the country.
CBK was established by an Act of Parliament on March 24, 1966, and opened its doors to the public on September 14, 1966. It was established after the dissolution of the then East African Currency Board (EACB). The bank’s head office is located along Haile Selassie Avenue in Nairobi.
Some of the main functions of the Central Bank Of Kenya include:
- Issuance of Kenyan currency and ensuring that the currency is free from counterfeits, clean and fit for circulation.
- Formulation and implementation of a monetary policy that promotes price stability.
- Fostering liquidity, solvency, and stability of the banking sector.
- Provision of banking services to the government, commercial banks and other financial institutions.
- Licensing, regulation, and supervision of financial institutions such as commercial banks, microfinance institutions, forex bureaus, and representative offices of foreign banks.
- Management of the supply of money in the economy.
- Management of the issuances and repayment of treasury bills and bonds.
- Economic and financial analysis.
List Of All Central Bank Of Kenya (CBK) Branches
1. Central Bank Of Kenya (CBK) Head Office
Location: Haile Selassie Avenue, Nairobi
Phone: +254 20 2861000, +254 709 081 000, +254 709 083 000.
2. Mombasa Branch
Location: Nkrumah Road, Mombasa
Contact: +254 41 2121000
3. Kisumu Branch
Location: Jomo Kenyatta Highway, Kisumu
Contact: +254 57 2050000
4. Eldoret Branch
Location: Uganda Road, Eldoret
Contact: +254 53 2033325
5. Nyeri Branch
Location: Kenya Commercial Bank Building, Kenyatta Street, Nyeri
Contact: +254 61 2030779
6. Nakuru Branch
Location: George Morara Street, Nakuru
Contact:+254 51 2210711
7. Meru Branch
Location: Co-operative Bank Building, Njuri Ncheke Street, Meru
Contact: +254 64-3132200
8. Kisii Branch
Location: Absa Bank building opposite Kisii County Government offices