A Referral hospital – This is a major hospital that usually has a full complement of medical services such as surgery, pediatrics, obstetrics, general medicine and gynecology.Patients in Kenya are often referred from level 4 and 5 hospitals to referral hospitals when the situation is more complex i.e Intensive care solutions.
Here is a list of Referral Hospitals in Kenya.
1. Kenyatta National
2. Moi Teaching And Referral Hospital
3. Kisii Teaching and Referral Hospital
4. Mathari Mental Hospital
5. Nairobi Women’s Hospital
6. Mbagathi District Hospital
7. Jaramogi Oginga Odinga Teaching and Referral Hospital
8. Kiambu County Referral Hospital