This is a list of the best agribusiness loan providers in Kenya. Agribusiness is currently a booming sector in the country and has played a big role in solving the problem of unemployment.
There are several financial institutions in Kenya that provide start-up capital/ agribusiness loans to those who wish to venture into the trade but lack the required capital.
Here is a list of the best agribusiness loans providers in Kenya
AFC offers agribusiness loans designed to benefit agribusiness traders. It offers loans for the purchase of machinery, livestock and fisheries development, cash crop, horticulture and floriculture development loans, water development loans and seasonal crop credit.
Contacts: 0788 524 998, 0704 153 773.
2. KCB Bank
KCB offers agricultural loans for sugarcane farmers who contracted with reputable sugar companies and looking for working capital or farm development.
The bank offers dairy & livestock loans, structured loans, contracted crop loan, horticultural loan, farm development loan and mavuno tea loan.
3. Juhudi Kilimo
Juhudi Kilimo is a leading provider of transformative financial solutions to rural smallholder farmers in East Africa. The company offers crop farming loans, animal farming loans, farm equipment loans, working capital loans, clean energy loans and consumer loans.
Contact: 0709 692 000.
National Bank offers sharia-compliant Jenga kilimo financing in Kenya, designed for the farmers to increase their output and expand their agricultural enterprise.
- Loan amounts of up to Kshs 5 million.
- Flexible repayment period of up to 48 months, with a 3 months grace period.
The bank offers agribusiness loans, a short to medium-term credit facility to help farmers purchase farm inputs such as seeds, fertilisers and chemicals, pay for the lease of additional agricultural land, buy livestock and finance other social development needs.
- Secured by a combination of any acceptable tangible security such as title deeds, logbooks, listed shares, cash cover etc.
- Interest rate as per CBK regulation.
- Interest rate calculated payable in arrears on reducing balance or a flat rate.
- Method of loan repayment is either EMI, bullet payment or as per the customer cash flows.
- Maximum of 3 years for machinery, equipment and any asset financing.
- Maximum of 1 year or crop period/ cycle, whichever is shorter for farm inputs financing.
6. ECLOF Kenya
ECLOF Kenya is a microfinance institution that provides agribusiness loans, loan products offered to farmers to enable them to acquire high breed livestock as well as farming in horticulture and floriculture.
- Loan amount as per your needs.
- Flexible repayment period.
- Responsive grace period.
- Unique crop, livestock insurance and credit life cover.
- Training and advisory services on production and marketing.
7. Bimas Kenya
Bimas Kenya offers agribusiness loans to finance the purchase of farm inputs by farmers who are engaged to produce crops as seeds, chemicals, fertilisers and related farm operation activities.
Loan products include dairy/mifugo loan, chipukizi loan and dhabiti loan.
8. Equity Bank
Equity Bank offers Kilimo Biashara loan, which aids the small-scale farmer by financing the purchase of farm inputs such as certified seeds, fertilisers, chemicals, the hiring of labour and harvesting costs.
- Loan amounts granted are between Kshs 5,000 to 100,000.
- The repayment period is set at 1 year or the crop production period.
- This agribusiness loan does not finance land leasing. The target beneficiaries are small-scale commercial food crop farmers.
- Accepted collateral security includes any combination of chattels mortgage over farm & household assets or conventional security in form of a motor vehicle logbook or land title deed.
9. Family Bank
The bank offers Kilimo Biashara loan, an agribusiness loan intended to finance working capital to purchase stock, farm inputs such as certified seeds, fertilisers or chemical applications.
- Non account holders can apply for facility.
- Loan amounts are tailored for business operation requirements.
- Loan repayment period of up to 36 months.
- Interest rate of 12% per annum.
- Flexible security.
- Convenient repayment period.
- Quick disbursement.
- Access to training by the Ministry of Agriculture.
- List Of Profitable Agribusiness Ideas In Kenya