This is a list of the best travel insurance providers in Kenya. The list focuses on renowned insurance companies that provide comprehensive travel insurance policies that cover contingencies or unforeseen circumstances that may arise during a trip.
In no particular order, here is a list of the best travel insurance providers in Kenya.
UAP offers various options of travel insurance to select from whether you are travelling for business or taking a holiday. Their travel insurance can be taken per trip or annually if you are a frequent traveller. As per policy, UAP offers the following plans:
- Travel assistance such as repatriation of children, delivery of urgent medicine, emergency accommodation, travel and consular referrals.
- Personal accident cover in the event of death or permanent disability in case you get an accident.
- Cover against legal obligations due to accidental death, bodily injury or illness of any person, loss or damage to property.
- Cover medical expenses abroad in case you get infected with Covid 19 during your trip.
Britam offers four travel plans to choose from, Gold plan, Premium plan, Schengen plan and Student plan. The plans cover common risks such as:
- Trip delays.
- Trip cancellation or interruption.
- Medical assistance.
- Evacuation insurance.
- Baggage and personal items loss.
- Medical coverage and medical evacuation.
- Lost or delayed baggage.
The company provides travel packages that include the Smart plan policy, Budget plan, Student policies, Inbound cover, Corporate travel insurance and Schengen cover. The packages cover the following:
- Travel delay/flight cancellation.
- Medical and emergency expenses.
- Hospital allowance.
- Personal accident
- Passport costs
- Baggage loss
- Person liability
AIG’s travel insurance is tailored to meet all needs of students, groups, individuals and corporate business travellers. It covers accidental injuries, medical expenses, loss of personal effects and travel delays, hijackings, personal liability and legal expenses.
AAR travel insurance covers persons who travel abroad from time to time and wish to insure themselves against accidents and loss or damage to their properties in the course of travel. Their travel insurance covers:
- Emergency medical expenses.
- Loss of personal property.
- Hijack and detention.
- Luggage protection.
- Personal liability.
CIC is one of the best insurance companies in Kenya. The company offers a travel policy that saves you a lot in case of contingencies that may arise while travelling. Their travel policy comes with the following benefits;
- Provision of a personal accident cover.
- Emergency medical-related expenses are all sorted.
- Reimbursement of travel and accommodation expenses incurred in the event of cancellation or curtailment of an insured trip.
- Reimbursement of reasonable expenses incurred following travel delays.
GA Insurance has partnered with Mapfre Assistencia, one of the largest providers of worldwide travel insurance to provide travel insurance to its valued customers. The company’s Smart cover offers 24 hours emergency medical assistance and other benefits at an affordable cost. It covers medical transportation or repatriation, personal accident cover, medical expenses abroad, delays or cancellation cover and lost luggage cover.
Jubilee offers affordable travel insurance whether you are reuniting with family and friends in faraway places outside Kenya or whether on a solo adventure to explore the unknown. The company takes care of upfront payments of eligible medical emergency expenses and 24/7 emergency assistance worldwide.
Madison’s travel insurance policy caters to any considerable financial risk that may occur in case you travel out of the country, whether for business or leisure. Benefits of Madison travel insurance include;
- Emergency medical evacuation.
- Repatriation of a family member or members.
- Medical expenses and hospitalisation.
- Compensation for lost baggage, passport, ID card abroad and luggage delay.
Resolution Insurance in partnership with Linkham services offers straightforward travel insurance policies that cover;
- Medical and related expenses including evacuation and repatriation.
- Personal accident.
- Cancellation and curtailment cover.
- Baggage and personal belongings cover.
- Personal liability.
- Hijack, hostage and wrongful detention.