This is a list of the Boda Boda loans providers in Kenya. Boda Bodas have provided employment opportunities for many youths in Kenya. Most of the youths are employed as riders.
Very few own the Boda Bodas. This is mainly because of the high costs of purchasing motorcycles. For this reason, several finance and microfinance institutions in the country have resorted to offering Boda Boda loans to those who want to acquire motorcycles but don’t have enough funds.
Here is a list of the Boda Boda loans providers in Kenya.
Mogo is the leading vehicle financing company and Boda Boda loans lender in Kenya. The company offers quick and flexible services that enable one to own a Boda body within 24 hours. It works with authorised dealers all across Kenya.
Mogo has several branches in Kenya. The head office is located at Prestige Plaza, Ngong Road, Nairobi.
- Start paying from as little as Kshs 300 per day.
- Initial payment of only Kshs 20,000.
- Choose any motorbike and start riding within 24 hours.
- Repayment period of 52-104 weeks depending on your preference.
- 3 months Mpesa statement.
- Personal ID.
- Own KRA PIN.
- Have 1 guarantor.
- Be 20-60 years old.
Contact: 0768 469 112.
2. KCB Bank
KCB Bank offers loans to purchase Boda Bodas and tuk tuks with comprehensive insurance and a fee charged of 3% of the loan amount.
- Comprehensive insurance of Kshs 9600 per annum for Boda Boda and Kshs 15,000 for tuk tuk.
- Flexible repayment period of up to 24 months for a tuk-tuk and 12 months for motorbikes.
- Special price offers from Boda Boda and tuk-tuk dealers.
- An active account with any business institution where business proceeds are remitted for at least 3 months.
- Proforma invoice from Boda Boda and tuk tuk dealers.
- Valid driving license of the rider.
- Demonstrate your ability to repay the loan.
- Bank to finance up to 70% while customer to meet 30% of the cost.
- Guarantee by KCB account holder where a logbook is held on simple deposit.
- Where a joint registration is done for the logbook, a guarantor is not required.
- KCB base rate is 13% per annum. The negotiation fee is – 3%.
- 6 months KCB banking history or 3 months group savings.
3. Pioneer Credit Ltd
Pioneer credit finances up to 80% of the cost of the motorbike from selected dealers. The customer contributes 20% of the cost.
- Deposit of 20% of the bike value.
- Copy of KRA PIN.
- Copy of ID.
- Copy of driving license.
- Certified Mpesa statements for the past 3 months.
- 3 guarantors.
Contacts: 0701 777 000, 0751 259 359, 0721 605 139.
Progressive Credit offers loans to Boda Boda riders who want to acquire motorbikes while making payments in instalments. Payment schedule is flexible to suit both customers willing to pay weekly or daily with a flexible period of up to 24 months.
- Original ID.
- 1 guarantor.
- KRA PIN certificate.
- Access to mobile loans on Nawiri app.
- Life insurance for riders.
Contacts: 0702 698 577, 0789 796 477.
5. Capital Sacco
Capital Sacco has its headquarters in Meru. The sacco provides boda boda loans meant for people in boda boda business to boost their business through either acquisition of a boda boda or maintenance of the already existing.
Contacts: 0708 843 287, 0708 843 288.
Mwananchi Credit provides financing in Kenya with payment from as low as Kshs 300 daily.
- Interest rate of 3.5% per annum.
- Processing fee of 4%.
- Application fee of Kshs 500 and CRB fees of Kshs 300.
- Comprehensive insurance fee of Kshs 7,600. (strictly by Shimin Insurance Agency).
- Tracking fee of Kshs 10,000.
- Loan repayment term of 18 months maximum.
- Daily or weekly repayment frequency.
- Repayment method is through Mpesa paybill number.
- Coloured passport photo.
- Copy of ID.
- 3 guarantors (provide ID copies, one guarantor to be a relative).
- Client contribution of Kshs 15,000.
7. Ndege Chai Sacco
The Sacco has Branch offices in Kericho, Naivasha, Konoin and Silibwet. It offers affordable Boda Boda loans with flexible repayment terms.
- Repayment period is 18 months.
- Interest rate is 14% per reducing balance.
- Has to be guaranteed by 4 guarantors.
- Logbook to be retained by the financier until clearance of the loan.
- Loan to be classified as asset finance.
- Member to contribute Kshs 15,000 of the cost of the motorbike.
Contact: 052 203 0121.
8. Watu Credit
Watu Credit is one of the leading asset financing companies in Kenya, providing Boda Boda and tuk-tuk loans to thousands of aspiring business owners every day. With a down payment of Kshs 20,000, you can become a proud Boda Boda owner within 2 hours.
- Original ID (borrower and 1 guarantor).
- KRA PIN.
- Minimum down payment of Kshs 20,000 for motorbike financing or Kshs 50,000 for tuk tuk financing with a repayment period of up to 24 months.
- 1 guarantor (20-65 years old).
- 2 referees.
- A Safaricom phone number that is registered for Mpesa and has been in use for the last 6 months.
Contacts: 0709 739 000, 0719 111 000.
9. Bimas Kenya
Bimas is a leading microfinance institution in Kenya with its head office in Embu and 39 branches countrywide. It provides Boda Boda loans to young entrepreneurs who want to venture into this business but lack the capital to start.
- The maximum loan amount given is Kshs 200,000.
- Repayment period of up to 18 months depending on the cost of the motorbike.
- A mandatory commitment fee of Kshs 14,000 as the first deposit.
- Daily repayment of Kshs 300 or weekly in advance.
- Standard instalment amount and with one week claim settlement.
Contact: 0701 111 700.
NOTE: Before borrowing, please evaluate your ability to repay the loan. Also, look at the interest rates and fees carefully.