This is a list of all CIC insurance products and branches in Kenya as of 2020. It is one of the 56 licensed insurance companies in Kenya by the Insurance Regulatory Authority. Cooperative Insurance Company of Kenya Limited (CIC) was established in 1968 as a department within the Kenya National Federation of Cooperatives. It specializes in general and life insurance business.
CIC General Insurance Products
Their general insurance products include motor insurance, marine insurance, agriculture insurance, personal accident insurance, school products ( school bus insurance and school guard insurance), Mjengo plus, Biashara Salama, Travel insurance, sports person’s policy, domestic package, burglary and consequential loss.
1.Motor Motor Insurance
They have two policies in this category; CIC Lady Auto and Motor Commercial Plus.
- CIC Lady Auto – This product is designed for a lady and her nuclear family. This policy has benefits such a courtesy car
maximum of 24 days subject to an excess of the first three days and a personal accident cover.
- Motor Commercial Plus- This policy ensures that you are fully covered by providing financial protection in case of road accidents or destruction due to riots or theft. It also provides coverage and repair facilitation across and within the COMESA region.
2. Marine Insurance
This cover provides compensation for loss or damage to goods while being imported/ or if they get lost while being shipped.
3. Agriculture Insurance
This product has two policies; Livestock Insurance and Crop Insurance.
- Livestock Insurance- This cover helps farmers in time of livestock death, theft or terminal disease where they get compensation.
- Crop Insurance – This policy is used by farmers to protect themselves against either loss of crops revenue due to adverse weather conditions, natural disasters such as drought, floods, fire, excessive rainfall, wind storms, snow damage, hail damage, new strains of disease and uncontrollable pests.
4. Personal Accident
There are two policies under this category; CIC Jilinde Personal Accident Policy and Family Personal Accident.
- CIC Jilinde Personal Accident Policy – This policy also ensures that your employees’ dependents are taken care of.
- Family Personal Accident- This policy is designed to provide a comprehensive family cover to provide a much needed financial aid in the event of injury, disability or death caused solely by violence and accidents.
5. School Products
They offer two policies under this category; CIC School Bus Insurance and CIC School Guard Policy.
- CIC School Bus Insurance- It covers school buses and provides financial protection against physical damage.
- CIC School Guard Policy – It covers educational premises such as playgrounds, classes, laboratories and dorms are covered against loss or damage to property thus no disruption in learning.
6.Travel Insurance Cover
It covers accidents, loss of baggage, cash and travel documents, illnesses, delays and flight cancellation when travelling.
7. Sports Person’s Policy
For life insurance, they offer the following policies; CIC Bima Credo, CIC Academia Policy, Group Life Assurance, Keyman Policy, CIC Invest Plan Policy, Jikinge, CIC Jipange Pension Plan, CIC Family Protector Policy, The Board Members Insurance Plan, Annuity Plan, CIC Last Expense Plan, CIC Smart Saver Policy, Mepip and Loan Guard.
1.CIC Bima Credo
This is a last expense cover accessible once you purchase Safaricom prepaid airtime through till number 181818. The beneficiary is entitled to a maximum sum assured of KES 200,000 in case of death of the insured life and the sum assured grows cumulatively as one purchases airtime.
2. CIC Academia Policy
This policy safeguards your child’s educational future in the event of your unexpected death or disability.
3. Group Life Assurance
This policy ensures your employees’ families are secured in case of accidents or death. Dependents get compensated in the form of money that is usually a fixed amount or a multiple of your employee’s salary in the event of death.
4. Keyman Policy
This policy protects employees who hold key pillars of any business. The company gets compensation on whatever income they got in case death strikes thus no loss is incurred. Their dependants are also taken care of.
5. CIC Invest Plan Policy
This policy enables one to obtain a loan at 85% of the surrender value in the future. This applies to policyholders aged between 18 and 60 years have been active for over 3 years and are need of a loan. Optional benefits in the case of disability, critical illness, accidents and funeral expenses are available.
This policy covers your guards against accidents and death.
7.CIC Jipange Pension Plan
This policy guarantees contribution into a pension fund. The earnings on this fund will then generate income upon retirement.
8. CIC Family Protector Policy
9. The Board Members Insurance Plan
14. Loan Guard
They also offer health insurance covers i.e CIC Medisure Corporate, CIC Medisure Family, and CIC Medipack Insurance.
1. CIC Medisure Corporate
It pays all medical needs for corporate groups arising from both illnesses and accidents.
2. CIC Medipack Insurance
Medipack is designed for SMEs. It caters for medical expenses incurred by the insured members and their dependents for either inpatient or outpatient cases. Medipack also caters for maternity, dental and optical expenses.
3. CIC Medisure Family
Policyholders and their dependents are insured against the risk of incurring medical expenses as a result of accidents or sickness.
The expenses covered include;
- Hospital bed accommodation charges (minus NHIF rebate amount)
- Pre-existing conditions are declared and accepted
- Diagnostics for member and spouse
- Major organ transplant procedures
- In-patient prescribed physiotherapy, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, nursing care, prescribed drugs/medicine, dressing and diagnostic tests.
- Non-accident maxillofacial and ophthalmologic, dental surgery subject to authorization
- Daycare surgery
- Resident mother/ doctors fee
The Policy Limits range from Ksh 300,000 to Ksh 5,000,000 and comes in six packages;
- 5,000,000 – CIC Prestige
- 3,500,000 -CIC Premier
- 2,000,000 – CIC Superior
- 1,000,000 – CIC Comprehensive
- 500,000 – CIC Standard
- 300,000 – CIC Essential
List of CIC Insurance Branches In Kenya and Contacts
1. CIC Insurance Head office
Location: CIC Plaza, Mara Road, Upper Hill, Nairobi
Contacts: (+254) 703 099 120 (020) 282 3000
2. CIC Insurance CBD branch
Location: Reinsurance Plaza, Mezzanine Floor Aga Khan Walk, Nairobi
Contact: +254 703 099 500
3. CIC Insurance Buruburu branch
Location: Mumias Road, Ground Floor, Vision Place, Nairobi,
Contact: +254 773 592 119
4. CIC Insurance Westlands branch
Location: Pamstech House, Woodvale Grove, Nairobi
Contact: 0718 882 826
5. CIC Insurance Mombasa branch
Location: Furaha Plaza, Nkrumah Road, Mombasa
Contact: 0703 099 751
6. CIC Insurance Kilifi branch
Location: Almadina Plaza, Charo Wa Mae Road, Kilifi
Contact: 0739 111 166
7. CIC Insurance Machakos branch
Location: Ngei Road, 2nd Floor, ABC Imani Plaza, Machakos
Contact: (044) 202 0349
8. CIC Insurance Thika branch
Location: Kenyatta Highway, 6th Floor, Thika Arcade, Thika
9. CIC Insurance Kiambu branch
Location: Bishop Magua house, Kiambu Rd, Kiambu
Contact: (066) 202 2038
10. CIC Insurance Nyeri branch
Location: Gakere Road, 3rd Floor, District Co-op Union Building, Nyeri
Contact: (061) 203 0657
11. CIC Insurance Nyahururu branch
Location: Kimwa Centre, 2nd Floor Kenyatta Rd, Nyahururu
Contact : (065) 203 2055
12. CIC Insurance Nanyuki branch
Location: Pearl Place, 1st floor, Laikipia
Contact: 0703 099 770
13. CIC Insurance Embu branch
Location: Embu-Meru Highway, opposite Consolidated Bank, 3rd Floor, Sparkos Building, Embu
Contact: 0703 099 900
14. CIC Insurance Meru branch
Location: Ghana Street, 1st Floor, Bhatt Building
Contacts: (064) 313 0869, (064) 313 0591
15. CIC Insurance Kisumu branch
Location: Oginga Odinga Road, Mezzanine floor, Wedco Centre, Kisumu
Contact: (057) 202 5063
16. CIC Insurance Kakamega branchLocation: Kisumu-Kakamega Road, Ground Floor, Walia’s Centre, Kakamega
Contacts: (056) 203 0242
17. CIC Insurance Kisii branch
Location: Hospital Road, Opposite KCB Bank, 2nd Floor, Magsons Plaza, Kisii
Contact: 0725 987 183
18. CIC Insurance Bungoma branch
Location: Hospital Road, 3rd Floor, Bungoma Teachers SACCO Plaza, Bungoma
Contact: (055) 203 0121
19. CIC Insurance Homa Bay branch
Location: Cold Springs, Homa Bay
Contact : 0770 735 827
20. CIC Insurance Nakuru branch
Location: Mache Plaza, 2nd Floor, Geoffrey Kamau Ave, Nakuru
Contact : (051) 221 6035 (051) 221 7204
21. CIC Insurance Eldoret branch
Location: Ronald Ngala Street 1st Floor, Co-operative Bank Building, Eldoret
Contact : 0703099660
22. CIC Insurance Kericho branch
Location: Moi Highway, 2nd Floor, Kipsigis Teachers SACCO Building, Kericho
Contact: 0704 223 400
23. CIC Insurance Kitale branch
Contact: 0703 099951
24. CIC Insurance Naivasha branch
Location: Eagle Centre, Mbaria Kaniu Road, Naivasha,
Contact: 0703 099 763