This is a list of Citizens Credit Limited loan products and contacts. Citizens Credit is a microfinance institution that offers a wide range of loan products for entrepreneurs and small businesses lacking access to banking and related services, as well as those facing challenges in working capital and cash flow needs.
Citizens Credit Loan Products
1. Logbook Loans
The guaranteed logbook loans can be used by individuals to meet personal expenses such as medical, school fees and purchase of household goods. The loan can be secured against more than one motor vehicle at the same time.
- Original logbook.
- KRA PIN of applicant.
- National ID of applicant.
- 2 passport photos.
- 6 months bank statement.
- Comprehensive insurance certificate.
2. Check Off/ Civil Servants Loans
This product targets civil servants, TSC employees and employees of private companies that have an MOU with Citizens Credit.
- Original latest payslip.
- National ID.
- KRA PIN certificate.
- Colour passport photos.
- The borrower should have served the company for the last 6 months for private companies and 3 months for civil servants and teachers.
- Confirmation letter/ appointment letter.
- Processing fee of 5% of the principal amount.
- Loan form fee- Kshs 300.
- CRB fee- Kshs 300.
- Witnessing fee (legal)- Kshs 400.
- Interest rate should be 5% per month for private companies and the maximum repayment period to be at 12 months.
- For civil servants and teachers, the interest rate should vary with the repayment period. The highest should be 5% for 1 year, 4.5% for 2 years, 4% for 3 years, 3.5% for 4 years and 3% for 5 years.
3. Cheque Discounting
This product ensures you obtain immediate cash against your current cheque drawn by a reputable company. This ensures a continuous flow of your business working capital which would otherwise be affected awaiting the cheque to complete the clearing cycle.
- Cheque being discounted.
- ID copy of the applicant.
- Where available, a copy of an acknowledged invoice or payment vouchers to support the payment.
4. Invoice Discounting
Citizens Credit discounts invoices of suppliers for supermarkets, reputable companies, educational institutions, hospitals, hotels, NGOs and selected parastatals.
The company finances up to 80% of the invoice value to be repayable within 90 days in a bullet payment from the proceeds of the invoices.
- Copies of the original invoice duly acknowledged by the processing entity.
- Delivery notes for the goods supplied.
- Letter of assignment of the receivables executed by the procuring entity.
- Latest bank statement for the business.
5. Import Financing
This product relieves you the burden of paying port, storage and demurrage charges by settling all the charges for you to avoid penalties. Citizens Credit finances 100% of calculated duties and taxes as per KRA guidelines.
- Original bill of lading.
- Invoice for the motor vehicle or other goods.
- Import Declaration Form (IDF).
- English Japanese logbook.
- Copy of the PIN or ID of the importer.
6. LPO Financing
This product allows Citizens Credit to finance your business to service awarded LPOs or LSOs and contracts by your procuring entities. This should be done fast and at competitive pricing against securities such as title deeds and logbooks.
- Original LPO/ LSO/ contract.
- Proforma invoice for the goods to be supplied/ breakdown of costs.
- Tangible security eg logbook or title deed.
- Evidence of similar past jobs done through past invoices and delivery notes.
7. Salary Advance Loans
Citizens Credit finances employees of reputable companies with evidence of salary payment for the last 6 months. The loans can be repaid in a flexible repayment period.
- Latest 3 months payslips.
- Latest 6 months bank statements for the applicant’s salary account.
- Post dated cheques drawn from the salary account.
8. Title Deed Loans
The loans are competitively priced and secured by title deeds.
- Copy of title deed.
- Valuation report of property.
- Legal charge over the property.
9. Weekend Loans
Weekend loans are offered to loyal clients and are disbursed via mpesa.
Citizens Credit Branches & Contacts
Location: 11th Floor, Finance House, Loita Street, Nairobi.
Contact: 0722 646 687.
2. Kiserian Branch
Location: 1st Floor, Kamunyu House.
Contact: 0775 133 657.
3. Ngong Branch
Location: 1st Floor, Juliet Towers, Ngong Road.
Contact: 0776 628 700.
4. Rongai Branch
Location: 2nd Floor, Tymes Arcade, Magadi Road.
Contact: 0770 375 633.