Nairobi, the capital city of Kenya is home to close to hundred estates. Each estate is identified uniquely by the social structure, income, neighborhood among other factors. Today we are going to highlight some of the estates where the middle class live in. According to the Kenya National Bureau of Statistics, the Kenyan middle class can be defined as anyone spending between 26,000 and 270,000 per month.
The list is not exhaustive and your insightful contribution to it will be highly appreciated.
1. Ridgeways – It is a walking distance to the popular Runda estate and a five minute drive to Muthaiga.
2. Loresho – It’s located along the busy Waiyaki way .
3. Fedha Estate- It’s located along Jogoo road.
4. Thindigua – It’s located on Kiambu road, here you can find a one bedroom house in a range of Ksh. 25,000 to 30,000 thousand.
5. Mirema Drive – It is located in Kasarani constituency. It is sandwiched by the Nairobi’s Thika road and the northern bypass.
6. Thome Estate – It’s located along Thika Road near Nairobi’s Safari Park Hotel and has modern houses most done in Runda-style.
7. Garden Estate – This is another estate situated along Thika Road, nine kilometres from the CBD, access to Garden Estate is either through the Roasters Inn Junction or Ridgeways Estate off Kiambu Road.
10. Membly Estate – The suburb is located a short distance from Kenyatta University and Tatu City some 1.5 Kilometers from the Thika Road.
Hit our Contact Us Page for contributions