This is a list of all products offered by GA Insurance and their branches in Kenya. It is one of the 56 licensed insurance companies in Kenya by the Insurance Regulatory Authority. The company was incorporated in 1979 to offer general and medical insurance. It is part of I&M Bank Group following an acquisition in 2006. GA stands for ”General Accident” Insurance Company.
Their products are designed to cater for personal and commercial solutions.
GA Insurance Personal Products
1. Motor Private Insurance
- Comprehensive cover- It covers third party liability and property damage to the vehicle arising out of fire, perils of nature such as floods, theft and accidental damage to the vehicle. Social perils like riots are also included in the cover.
- Third-Party Fire & Theft- A lower cover than comprehensive and restricts losses to the vehicle that result from accidental fire, theft.
- Third-Party Fire Only – The policy only operates when the vehicle causes accidental damage to other people’s property such as collision with another vehicle.
2. Travel Insurance Policy
It covers an individual or group against unforeseen accidents and incidents while travelling to foreign countries. It includes medical insurance, losses and delays, personal accident, cancellation and curtailment among other benefits.
3. Domestic Insurance Policy
It covers your households against fire, theft, accidental damage, liability to third parties, occupational accidents, and liabilities as owner or occupier of residential buildings.
4.Personal Accident Insurance Cover
This policy is designed to provide financial help if you have a serious accident or injury, or if you suffer a fatal accident. It covers against bodily injury effected solely through external, violent and accidental means. The benefit is paid in case of death, permanent total disability, permanent partial disability and temporary total disability.
5. Golfers Insurance
- Personal Liability- Provides protection of your legal position, should you damage property or injure another person whilst playing golf.
- Personal Accident-Provides compensation should you be unfortunate enough to sustain a serious injury on the golf course.
- Hole-In-One Cover- Pays your club-bar bill in the event you a score a hole-in-one.
6. Pet Insurance Policy
Contractors All Risks Insurance Policy
It provides an “ALL RISKS” cover available to contractors that will offer protection destruction or damage to contract works, contractor’s plant & machinery at the site, and materials on site.
Contractors Plant & Machinery Insurance Policy
It covers the insured’s own plant and equipment on an ‘All Risks’ basis.
Deterioration of Stock Insurance
It provides cover for loss of or damage by deterioration or putrefaction to goods stored in any cold storage space specified.
Electronic Equipment Insurance
The policy protects the insured electronic equipment against any unforeseen and sudden physical loss of or damage.
Erections All Risks Insurance
This policy is designed to cover the risk of loss arising out of the erection, installation, commissioning and testing of machinery, plant and steel structures, including physical damage to the contract works, equipment and machinery, and liability for third-party bodily injury (BI) or property damage (PD) arising out of these operations.
- Accidental death of or bodily injury or disease contracted by any person,
- Accidental loss or damage to material property, occurring through the fault or negligence of the Insured and in connection with the Insured’s business.
- Legal liabilities arise when negligence is established against a business following actions of employees or activities of the business.
Product Liability Insurance
It provides cover against legal liability in respect of accidental death of or bodily injury or disease contracted by any person or accidental loss of or damage to tangible property arising from anything harmful or defective in any products manufactured, assembled, processed, modified, repaired, serviced, altered, labelled, handled, sold or supplied by or through the Insured in the course of or in connection with the insured’s business.
6. Marine & Aviation insurances
- Marine Cargo Insurance Policy- This is a transit risk policy covering the movement of cargo from a specified point to the point of discharge.
- Marine Hull Insurance Policy- This policy provides cover against physical damage as well as attendant liabilities to ships/boats/yachts and other vessels.
It provides cover against the risks associated with aircraft operations.
7. Bonds insurance
- Miscellaneous Bonds – This covers bonds for pre-qualification and bidding for development projects.
- Financial Guarantees – It covers bonds mostly associated with development projects.
- Custom Bonds Insurance Policy- This policy ensures that all duties, taxes and fees owed to the government will be paid.
8. Political Violence and Terrorism Insurance
It provides cover against risks of terrorism, sabotage, mutiny, insurrection, rebellion, a coup de’ tat, riot, strike and civil commotion.
List of GA Insurance branches in Kenya
1. GA Insurance Head Office
Location: 4th Floor GA Insurance House, Ralph Bunche Road, Nairobi
Contact: 0709 626 000
2. GA Insurance Westlands Branch
Location: 2nd Flr, The Westwood Building, Ring Rd Parklands, Nairobi
Contact : 0709 626 000
3. GA Insurance Mombasa Branch
Location: Upper Mezzanine Floor, Biashara Building, Nyerere Avenue
Contacts:0709 626 000
4. GA Insurance Kisumu Branch
Location: Ground Floor, Bon Accord House, Temple Road
Contact : 0709 626 000