This is a list of products offered by Geminia Insurance and their branches in Kenya. It is one of the 56 licensed insurance companies in Kenya by the Insurance Regulatory Authority. Geminia Insurance was incorporated in Kenya in July 1981 to offer life and general insurance.
Geminia General Insurance Products
1. Marine Insurance
- Marine Cargo cover – protects against losses and/or damage to goods whilst in transit from the manufacturer’s warehouse to the importer’s warehouse.
- Marine Hull Insurance – Provides a cover against loss and/or damage to vessels/ships hull and machinery, materials and other equipment including collisions / TPL risks.
2. Motor Insurance
It protects insured against financial loss in the event that the motor vehicle is involved in an accident, burnt or stolen. It also covers third party liabilities.
- Third-Party cover- covers third party bodily injury and property damage arising out of the use of a motor vehicle.
- Third-party Fire & Theft cover- In addition to the Third-party cover, this policy extends to cover theft and fire. It is more expensive than the Third-party.
- Comprehensive cover – It covers third party liability and property damage to the vehicle ie damage arising out of fire, theft and accidental damage to the vehicle.
3.Work Injury Benefits Act Policy / WIBA Plus
This policy covers the employees of the Insured whilst on duty and engaged in the execution of the Insured’s business against accidental bodily injury, disablement or death.
4.Fire & Perils Insurance
This policy indemnifies the insured against the loss of or damage to the property insured arising from fire as well as from allied perils such as earthquake, explosion, riots and strikes, malicious damage, winds/storms, and floods. Other perils covered are damage/impact by moving objects like motor vehicles and aircraft, damage by bursting or overflowing water tanks or pipes.
5. Industrial All Risks Insurance
This is a combined policy and basically incorporates fire, fire consequential loss, theft and accidental damage perils.
6. Domestic Package Insurance
This is a combined policy for homeowners. It covers the building itself, contents whilst in the house and outside the house. It also covers house servants against death or injury whilst in the course of employment and personal legal liability to third parties.
7.Consequential Loss Insurance
This policy provides cover for loss of profits caused by reduction or interruption of production due to damage caused by fire and allied perils to the insured’s premises.
8.All Risks Insurance
This policy provides cover for loss of or damage to the property from any peril except those that are specifically excluded.
9. Business Combined Insurance
A combined policy that is designed for small and medium-sized entities and partnerships that are either involved in production or distribution. The controlling item is on stocks. The coverage includes Fire, Consequential loss, Burglary, Money, Goods in transit, Plate glass, Public liability, WIBA, employers liability and Group personal accident.
10. Asset All Risks Insurance
This is a combined policy that combines various covers like Fire, Burglary, Consequential loss, Machinery breakdown, Electronic Equipment, All risks, Plate Glass, Money, Fidelity Guarantee, Public Liability etc.
This policy indemnifies the insured against the loss of or damage to the property insured arising from burglary or housebreaking as defined in the policy.
12. Money Insurance
This policy covers the loss of money/cash whilst in transit or while being kept in a safe up to the limits required by the Insured.
13. Fidelity Insurance
This policy covers the risks of Forgery, Embezzlement, Larceny and/or Fraudulent Conversion of money committed by the Insured’s entrusted named employees.
14. Goods In Transit Insurance
This policy offers protection against loss, destruction, or damage to goods whilst they are in transit – from the time of leaving the insured’s premises to final delivery.
15. Carriers Liability Insurance
This policy covers and indemnifies a carrier against their legal liability for actual and physical loss of or damage to goods or merchandise directly caused by fire and or accident to the vehicle registered under the number stated in the schedule whilst such goods or merchandise are actually transported in the said vehicle.
16. Deterioration of Stocks Insurance
This policy will compensate any loss or damage to perishable goods (e.g.: food items such as fish, shrimp, meat etc.) kept in cold storage which deteriorate due to any unforeseen and sudden physical loss of or damage.
17. Stock Floater Insurance
This is a policy that is available for distributors of various goods. The policy provides cover for goods whilst in any one building or premises for fire and burglary risks.
18. Plate Glass Insurance
This policy covers the breakage of glass through any cause (except the exclusions specified in the policy).
19. Aviation Insurance
It covers loss or damage to the insured’s aircraft, while it is in motion, not in motion or for both.
20. Employers Liability Insurance
This policy offers protection to employers for their legal liability, for damages and claimant’s costs and expenses of lawsuits filed by an employee.
21.Public Liability Insurance
It covers legal liabilities due to accident, injuries and claims of negligence by third parties.
22.Professional Indemnity Insurance
This policy indemnifies the Insured against any sums for which the Insured becomes legally liable as a direct result of any negligent act, error or omission made by him during the performance of his duties as a professional.
23.Personal / Group / Student Group Accident Insurance
These policies covers accidental death or disablement to the insured.
24. Contractors All Risks Insurance
It covers the “Contract Works” undertaken by a contractor against any unforeseen accidental physical loss or damage.
25. Erection All Risks Insurance
It covers the “Erection Works” undertaken by a contractor against any unforeseen accidental physical loss or damage.
26. Contractors’ Construction Plant, Equipment and Machinery Insurance
It covers the Contractors’ Construction Plant, Equipment and Machinery against unforeseen accidental physical loss or damage whilst being used at the construction site for the execution of the insured project.
27. Electronic Equipment Insurance
The policy covers accidental loss or damage to electronic equipment (e.g.: computers and accessories).
28.Machinery Breakdown Insurance
This policy will compensate the Insured in relation to any loss or damage to items as a result of any unforeseen and sudden physical loss or damage or breakdown of the machinery.
29. Loss of Profits following Machinery Breakdown Insurance
This policy will compensate for the loss of profit incurred by a firm/establishment following the breakdown of machinery insured under the machinery breakdown policy.
30. Bankers Blanket Insurance
This policy intended for banks and other financial institutions provides a blanket cover and thereby safeguards them by providing compensation for losses arising from the following risks:
- Infidelity of employees
- Loss of property on premises
- Loss (of money and other valuables) whilst in transit
- Forgery or fraudulent alteration of checks, bills, drafts, money orders etc.
- Losses incurred by the insured in the ordinary course of business whilst dealing with securities such share certificates, stocks, bonds, debentures, promissory notes, deeds, mortgages, certificates of deposits, letters of credits etc.
- Loss incurred by the insured due to receipt in good faith of any counterfeited or altered paper currency
- Loss of or damage to offices and contents, which includes but is not limited to furnishings, fixtures, equipment, stationary etc
- Loss or damage to ATM’s and cash in the ATM’s
31.Directors & Officers Liability Insurance
This policy covers directors and officers for any wrongful acts committed in their capacity as directors and officers of the Company.
32. Medical Malpractice Liability Insurance
This policy covers the liability of a Medical Practitioner or a Medical Institution arising out of their negligence whilst performing their professional duties.
33.Political Violence, Terrorism & Sabotage Insurance
The policy covers physical loss or damage to building and contents which belong to the insured directly caused by the following perils:
- Act of terrorism
- Riots, strikes and/or civil commotion
- Malicious damage
- Mutiny and/or coup deter
- War and/or civil war
34. Crop Insurance
It provides cover for all commercial field crops, farm assets and equipment including harvested crop, greenhouse and irrigation facilities.
35. Livestock Insurance
It covers against losses due to accidental death, diseases of terminal nature, emergency slaughter on the advice of a recognized veterinary surgeon and theft of livestock in raising units or paddocks.
36. Golfers Insurance
It covers golfing equipment against accidental loss or damage, hole-in-one as well as public liability. The cover also provides personal accident cover to the insured and their personal effects.
37. Travel Insurance
This policy provides cover for medical expenses and assistance, travel delay or flight cancellation, Hospital allowance, personal accident, loss of passport, total loss of baggage that has been checked in by international airline, loss of money, personal civil liability and hijacking.
38. Bonds Insurance
This cover compensates the third parties against loss suffered as a result of failure of the insured to perform the task as per the contract.
Geminia Life Insurance Products
1. Twinsave Investment Policy
This policy is ideal for secure investment or savings while enjoying a fixed, guaranteed and competitive rate of return on the investment or savings.
2. Gemstar Gold
This policy is designed to guarantee the educational financial needs for one’s children as well as securing a family investment. It enables parents to plan for their children’s education while taking care of any eventuality that can benefit them like disability or death.
3. Edmaster Cover
This cover is designed to meet specific financial needs for the education of your child as it enables parents to put a tailored programme in place.
4. Endowment Policy
This policy is designed to provide financial security for your family in case of untimely disability or death.
5. Group Life Assurance
This policy safeguards your employees to ensure their families are financially secured in case of accidents or death.
6. Credit Life Policy
This policy is designed for financial institutions to effectively pay off debts (unsecured, credit card, motor vehicle) in the event of the borrower’s untimely disability or death.
7. Mortgage Protection Policy
This policy is designed for financial institutions to provide security against a mortgage loan to effectively pay off the loan in the event of the borrower’s untimely disability or death.
List of Geminia Insurance Branches in Kenya
1. Geminia Insurance Head Office
Location: Le’Mac, 5th Floor Church Road, Off Waiyaki Way
Contacts: +254 20 278 2000
2. Geminia Insurance Nairobi CBD Branch
Location: Agip House, 1st Floor Haile Selassie Avenue
Contacts : +254 20 278 2202
3. Geminia Insurance Upper Hill Branch
Location: Geminia Insurance Plaza, 2nd Floor Kilimanjaro Avenue
Contacts: +254 20 278 2180 | +254 20 278 2181
4. Geminia Insurance Eldoret Branch
Location: Geminia Office Block Iten Road
Contact: +254 20 278 2400
5. Geminia Insurance Kisumu Branch
Location: Minoki Building, 1st Floor Oginga Odinga Street
Contact: +254 20 278 2500
6. Geminia Insurance Kisii Branch
Location: Umoja Complex 1st Floor Hospital Road
Contact: +254 20 278 2520
7. Geminia Insurance Meru Branch
Location: Twin Plaza, 2nd Floor
Contacts : +254 20 278 2620
8. Geminia Insurance Nakuru Branch
Westside Mall, 3rd Floor, Kenyatta Avenue
Contacts: +254 20 278 2420
9. Geminia Insurance Thika Branch
Location: Maisha Heights, 3rd Floor, Kenyatta Highway
Contacts: +254 20 278 2640
10. Geminia Insurance Mombasa Branch
Location: Diamond Trust Arcade, Moi Avenue
Contacts: +254 20 278 2300
11. Geminia Insurance Nyeri Branch
Location: Konahauthi House, Suite H4, 1st Floor, Opposite GPO Kenyatta Road | Kimathi Way
Contacts : +254 20 278 2600/1