This is a list of Kenya Vision 2030 pillars. Kenya Vision 2030 is the long-term development blueprint for the country. The vision’s aim is to create a globally competitive and prosperous country with a high quality of life by the year 2030.
Vision 2030 is a product of a highly participatory, consultative and inclusive stakeholders process that was carried out between October 2006 to May 2007. Contents of the vision were subjected to open consultations between July to August 2007, before the document was finalised.
Pillars Of Kenya Vision 2030
Pillars of Kenya Vision 2030 are anchored on the foundations of macroeconomic stability, infrastructural development, science, technology, innovation, land reforms, human resources development, security and public sector reforms.
Here is a list of Kenya Vision 2030 pillars.
1. Economic Pillar
The economic pillar aims at moving the economy up the value chain. A diagnostic analysis was conducted covering over 20 sub-sectors in 2006-2007, to assess the existing opportunities and challenges facing Kenya’s economic growth.
The Vision 2030 research teams settled for six priority sectors that promised to raise the GDP growth rate to the region of 10% in a number of years.
Sectors of The Economic Pillar
Tourism, Agriculture & Livestock
- ASAL Development- Irrigation
- Fisheries Development and Management
- Establishment of Disease Free Zones
- Fertilizer Cost Reduction Strategy
- Implementation Of The Consolidated Agricultural Reform Legislations
- Land Use Master Plan
- Development of Health and Medical Tourism
- Community-based Tourism Initiative
- Destination Marketing Programmes
- Development of Coastal Beach Ecosystem
Wholesale & Retail
- Credit Guarantee Scheme
- Wholesale, Retail and International Trade Flagship Projects
- Establishment of Micro Small Medium Enterprise Centres of Excellence
- National Electronic Single Window System
- Building Tier 1 Retail Markets
- Building Wholesale Hub Markets
- Natural Products Initiative
- Transformation of KIRDI into a World Class Research Institution
- Skills Development For Technical Human Resource For The Manufacturing Sector
- Development of Integrated Iron and Mini Steel Mills
- Development of Industrial Clusters
- Development of SME and Industrial Parks
- Establishment of Special Economic Zones
- Development of Industrial and Manufacturing Zones
- Deepening of Capital Markets
- Nairobi International Financial Centre
Business Process Offshoring & IT-Enabled Services
- Establishment of Konza Technology City
2. Political Pillar
The political pillar of Vision 2030 is a democratic political system that is issue-based, people-centred, result-oriented and accountable to the public. Vision 2030 envisions a country with a democratic system reflecting the aspirations and expectations of its people.
Sectors Of The Political Pillar
- Governance & The Rule of Law
3. Social Pillar
The social pillar focuses on investing in the people of Kenya. It aims to improve the quality of life for all Kenyans by targeting a cross-section of human and social welfare projects and programmes. This pillar also makes special provisions for Kenyans with disabilities and previously marginalized communities.
Sectors Of The Social Pillar
- Education and Training
- Water and Sanitation
- Housing and Urbanization
- Youth, Sports & Culture
Kenya Vision 2030 Contacts
Vision 2030 Delivery Secretariat
KUSSCO Centre, 2nd Floor, Upper Hill,
P.O. Box 52301 00200, Nairobi
Tel: +254 20 272 2030, 020 272 22 006
Email: [email protected]