Managing directors of banks play a very crucial role in the daily operations of the banks. Such roles may include:
1. Provide overall leadership through promoting ethical practices and good corporate governance towards the development and implementation of the bank’s business strategy.
2. Promote superior customer service delivery at all business levels to ensure growth and profitability in addition to strengthening the bank’s brand.
3. Ensure strict adherence to internal controls and procedures as well as the statutory banking requirements set out by the Central Bank of Kenya.
4. Satisfy the emerging market demands through the development of new banking products and services in terms of information technology to match industry trends.
5. Ensure business targets are met through necessary motivation and teamwork.
6. Provide updates to the bank’s stakeholders regarding performance and business strategies as well as market environment assessments.
Below we look at some of the managing directors of Kenyan banks.
1.ABC Bank (Kenya – Shamaz Savani (Group Managing Director)
2.Bank of Africa- Ronald Marambii (Managing Director)
3.Bank of Baroda- P. S. Jayakumar
4.Bank of India- R.K. Verma, ( Managing Director & ceo )
5.Absa Bank Kenya – Jeremy Awori ( Managing Director )
6.Chase Bank Kenya (In Receivership)- Paul Njaga (Managing Director & CEO)
7. NCBA – John Gachora ( Managing Director)
8.Consolidated Bank of Kenya-Thomas Kipkemei Kiyai C.E.O
9.Cooperative Bank of Kenya-Dr. Gideon Muriuki, CBS (Group Managing Director & CEO)
10.Credit Bank-Betty Maritim Korir (Managing Director)
11.Development Bank of Kenya- Victor Kidiwa Chief Executive Officer
12.Diamond Trust Bank- Nasim Devji Group CEO
13.Ecobank Kenya-Ehouman Kassi ( Managing Director )
14.Equity Bank- Polycarp Igathe ( Managing Director )
15.Family Bank- Rebecca Mbithi (Managing Director & CEO)
16.First Community Bank- Nathif Jama Adam (Managing Director)
17.Guaranty Trust Bank Kenya- Ibukunoluwa Odegbaike (Managing Director & CEO)
18.Guardian Bank- Vasant Shetty (Managing Director)
19.Housing Finance Company of Kenya- Frank Ireri (Managing Director)
20.I&M Bank- Raja- Shah (Executive Director),
21. Kenya Commercial Bank- Joshua Oigara (Chief Executive Officer)
22.Mayfair Bank- Dhirendra Rana (Managing Director)
23.National Bank of Kenya- Wilfred Musau (Managing Director)
24.NCBA- John Gachora Group (Managing Director)
25.Oriental Commercial Bank- Alakh Kohli, CEO
26.Prime Bank (Kenya)- Bharat Jani (Managing Director)
27.Sidian Bank- Chege Thumbi ( Managing Director )
28.Spire Bank- Tim Gitonga ( Managing Director)
29.Standard Chartered Kenya- Manjang (Chief Executive Officer)
30.Transnational Bank Kenya- Sammy Lang’at Chief Executive Officer
31.United Bank for Africa- Emeke E. Iweriebor (Managing Director)
32.Victoria Commercial Bank- Yogesh K Pattni ( Managing Director )
33.Citibank- Michael Corbat (COO of Citigroup)
34.Dubai Islamic Bank- Abdulla Ali Obaid Al Hamli
35.Gulf African Bank- Abdalla Abdulkhalik
36.Habib Bank AG Zurich- Mohamed Ali R. Habib (CEO)
37.Imperial Bank Kenya (In receivership)- Naeem Shah ( Ag. Managing Director )
38.Jamii Bora Bank- Samuel Kimani (Chief Executive Officer)
39.Middle East Bank Kenya- Dhirendra Rana (Managing Director)
40.SBM Bank Kenya Limited- A J Smiles Chief Operating Officer
41.Stanbic Bank Kenya- Gregory R. Brackenridge ( Executive Director )