Home to some of the most photographed landmarks in the world, and boasting breath-taking natural beauty offset by ultra-modern skyscrapers and architectural marvels, Dubai is teeming with incredibly unique, Insta-worthy shots to make your feed the envy of your followers. Becoming a popular destination for Kenyan travellers, below are some of the things that make Dubai an Instagrammers paradise.
It’s impossible to list Instagram-worthy spots in Dubai without mentioning the skyscraper that defines the iconic skyline of the city, and its surrounding area. Burj Khalifa is one of the most Instagrammed buildings in the world. Here are some top tips on where to go to get the best shot of the tower.
- Situated opposite Burj Khalifa, the restaurants of Souk Al Bahar offer a prime location to take a close-up picture of the iconic tower, framed by the Dubai Fountain.
- You can also capture images of the glittering Burj towering above the skyline of Downtown Dubai from the terraces of restaurants in Business Bay.
- The observation deck of the stunning Dubai Frame provides a great view of Burj Khalifa amidst the skyline of Downtown Dubai.
- How about two feats of architecture in one? When standing in front of Dubai Opera, you can not only capture the dhow-inspired performing arts centre, but also Burj Khalifa in the one shot.
Sunsets in Dubai boast a magical blend of hues of warm orange, royal purple and romantic pink – and there is an excess of great venues and locations across the city to enjoy that perfect Arabian sky.
- Dubai’s gorgeous beaches, including Kite Beach andSunset Beach, are the perfect location for a wonderful shot of the sunset over the clear waters of the Arabian Gulf.
- For a magnificent sunset shot of the Burj Al Arab, head to any of the terraces of the restaurants at Madinat Jumeirah to snap that envy-inducing picture whilst enjoying a delicious drink.
- The Pointe is located right at the tip of Palm Jumeirah and has an unobscured view of Atlantis, The Palm Dubai – whose pink hues look even more exquisite during the sunset.
- For a great view of Dubai Creek at dusk, visit Park Hyatt Dubai to catch the golden sunset streaming through the panoramic skyline views.
- No visit to Dubai is incomplete without the quintessential shot of the dunes – make your way to Al Marmoom Desert Conservation Reserve and spot some local wildlife while touring through the desert, then stop by Al Qudra Lakes for a picturesque view of a desert oasis during sunset.
- One of Dubai’s most iconic attractions, Ain Dubai, makes for a fantastic sunset shot. Snap the giant wheel while meandering along The Beach at JBR.
Dubai’s outdoor lifestyle destinations also offer truly Instagrammable settings to eat, play and unwind.
- A historic hub meets the city’s modern vision on the banks of the Dubai Creek at Al Seef, a heritage area featuring contemporary structures that seamlessly merge with historic architecture.
- Enjoy the best of sun, sea and outdoor fun at the eclectic beachfront La Mer and explore wide open spaces and bustling back streets, along with some exceedingly Instagrammable graffiti art.
- Street Art enthusiasts should also head to City Walk to snap creations by well-known global graffiti artists. This neighbourhood captures the typical urban lifestyle, complete with public squares and boardwalks reminiscent of European streets.
- Discover Old Dubai as you walk through the Al Fahidi Historical Neighbourhood and take a snapshot of the traditional buildings and wind towers that would have formed the cityscape during the mid-19th century.
4.BY THE WATER
- Step onto a traditional Abra when in Old Dubai and take an iconic shot of the Dubai Creek. It is also the perfect vantage point to see the juxtaposition of old and new Dubai – the resident seagulls also make for a great picture!
- The beautiful mountains of Hatta can be snapped up close as you kayak through the emerald green lake formed by the Hatta Dam.
- Capture the urban jungle as you take a ferry or abra along the calm waters of the Dubai Canal, as it meanders its way through the city – from the Creek in Old Dubai through to Business Bay.
[irp posts=”17138″ name=”Top 10 Best Instagrammable Places in Dubai”]