This is a list of products offered by MUA Insurance and its branches in Kenya. It is one of the 56 licensed insurance companies in Kenya by the Insurance Regulatory Authority. It is a subsidiary of Mauritius Union Assurance Company that has been operating in Kenya since 2014.
MUA Insurance Products
a) Individual Products
1.Domestic Package Insurance
This policy provides financial protection against loss of or damage to almost everything in your household including;
- The buildings
- The contents (furniture, clothing, kitchen equipment, etc.)
- All Risks section covers specified items (TVs, Videos, Cameras, Phones, Watches, Music systems, Jewellery, etc.)
- Domestic Servants (indoor and outdoor)
- Personal Liability
It extends to include your personal liability either as an owner or an occupier of the premises to third parties, for damage to third party property or death/injury to third parties arising out of your use of the premises.
2. Golfer’s Insurance
It provides cover against loss of or damage to the insured’s golfing equipment due to accidental damage or theft. It also provides a hole-in-one cover. In addition to this, this policy provides cover against liabilities arising out of third party injury/death.
3. Individual Personal Accident
It covers bodily injury caused by violent, accidental external, and visible means subject to the limits specified in the Policy. The cover is recommended for individuals and groups and can be issued on fixed benefits or based on salary.The benefits under the policy are compensation for:
- Permanent Disablement
- Temporary loss of incomes due to disablement
- Medical Expenses arising from an accident
emergency medical evacuation, medical expenses, death/permanent disability cover following an accident abroad, repatriation of the mortal remains, coffin expenses, emergency return, cancellation, and curtailment, loss of travel documents, concierge services, personal liability, and public liability while traveling.
This policy offers complete financial protection for:
- Cancellation and Rearrangement of a wedding.
- Ceremonial/bridal attire, wedding gifts, cash and vouchers, ring, flowers, attendants gifts, etc.,
- Car and Transport for the wedding.
- Photography and Video Services for the wedding.
- Failure of Supplies
- Personal Liability
- Legal Expenses
- Tent Cover
b) Professionals and enterprise Insurance products.
1. Fire & Allied Perils
This policy will compensate for financial damages caused by fire to your buildings and outbuildings, stock in trade, plant and machinery, fixtures and fittings, and others. The compensation is provided specifically for damages caused by:
- Fire and Lightning
- Explosion of Gas or Boilers used for domestic purposes
- Earthquake, Subsistence, Shock, Landslip, Storm, Tempest, Tsunami, Floods and other natural perils
- Impact by moving objects
- Riots, strikes, and malicious damage
- Water damage by bursting or overflowing of water tanks, apparatus or pipes
- Bush fires
- Storm, tempests or floods
- Aircraft and other aerial devices and/or articles dropped on the property
- Impact caused by road vehicles, horses or cattle
- Subterranean fires
2. Contractors All Risks Insurance
This is comprehensive insurance that provides complete protection for all types of civil engineering works against different types of construction risks such as fire, lightning, flood, storm, cyclone, and other accidental damage including third party risks.
3. Public Liability Insurance
This policy covers the cost of claims made by public/third parties for incidents that occur in connection with your business activities. It covers the cost of compensation for personal injuries, death to third parties, and loss of or damage to third party property.
4.Political Violence & Terrorism Insurance
This Policy indemnifies the insured for loss against physical loss of or damage to the buildings and contents which belong to the insured directly caused by one or more of the following perils occurring during the policy period:
- Act of Terrorism;
- Riot, Strikes and/or Civil Commotion;
- Malicious Damage;
- Insurrection, Revolution or Rebellion;
- Mutiny and/or Coup d’état;
List of MUA Insurance Branches in Kenya
1. MUA Insurance Head office
Location: The Mirage, Tower 1 – 7th Floor, Chiromo Road, Nairobi
Contact: +254 732 178 000
2. MUA Insurance Mombasa Branch
Location: Mombasa Trade Centre, 5th Floor, Nkrumah Road, Mombasa
Contacts: +254 732 178 000/ 704 400 500
3. MUA Insurance Eldoret Branch
Location: Eldo Centre, 1st Floor, Uganda Road, Eldoret
Contacts : +254 732 178 000/ 708 200 100