In 2013 , Uhuru Kenyatta ran the most expensive campaign in Kenya’s history that involved local and international strategists to become the President . Now that the general elections are just a month away, today we will unveil to you some of the key members who will work day and night to see Uhuru Kenyatta retains his seat in the August general election;
1. Jomo Gecaga – He is the current personal secretary to the president
2. Nancy Gitau – She is the former State House adviser who will be tasked with overseeing the elections alongside Jomo Gecaga.
3. Muhoho Kenyatta – He is the younger brother to Uhuru Kenyatta. The campaign team will be under him.
4. Davis Chirchir – The former energy cabinet secretary will be safeguarding William Ruto’s interests in this election.
5. Farouk Kibet – He is been an assistant to William Ruto for many years. In this election he will be working with Davis Chirchir to safeguard their boss’s interests.
6. Noah Wekesa – The former Forestry and Wildlife minister is the chairman of the Jubilee steering committee .
7. Raphael Tuju – The man who has been described as a brilliant strategist is the current Secretary general of Jubilee Party.
8. Dennis Itumbi – He will head the Jubilee party ‘s digital team that will spearhead Uhuru Kenyatta’s re- election . Itumbi’s team will work hand-in-hand with the British PR firm BTP Advisers, which has been contracted again to handle UhuRuto’s image both locally and internationally.
The following people will head Uhuru Kenyatta’s regional re election bid ;
- Aden Duale and Eldas MP Adan Keynan will lead the campaigns in Northeastern.
- All Central Jubilee aspirants who were successful in the nominations will lead the Mt Kenya Region Campaigns.
- Taveta MP Naomi Shaban, Kwale County Woman Rep Zainab Chidzuga, Kilifi North MP Gideon Mung’aro and Mombasa governor hopeful Suleiman Shahbal will lead campaigns in the coast region.
- Bungoma Governor Ken Lusaka, Mumias East MP Benjamin Washiali and Teso South MP Mary Emase will lead the Western Kenya campaigns .
- Charles Nyachae, nominated Senator Joy Gwendo and Kisii Senator Chris Obure will lead Jubilee campaigns in Nyanza.