This is a list of products offered by Trident Insurance and its branches in Kenya. It is one of the 56 licensed insurance companies in Kenya by the Insurance Regulatory Authority. The company began operating in Kenya in 1982.
Trident Insurance Products
- Comprehensive Cover -It provides financial compensation for losses incurred by fire, theft, and accidental damage.
- Third-Party Fire & Theft – It covers any costs arising from accidental damage to third party property whereby the insured is liable. It also protects the insured against any loss due to theft or fire.
- Third-Party Only – It covers any cost arising from any legal proceedings and the costs of repairing the other party’s vehicle or any compensation granted to third party persons due to injury or death.
Motorcycle and Bodaboda insurance
It covers the motorcycle and accessories from accidental damage fire, theft, and other perils like storms and flooding. It also covers the insured against financial loss due to third party bodily injuries and property damage and legal liabilities in the event of a road accident.
2. Health Insurance
It covers the medical expenses incurred by the insured or their dependents. It covers numerous illnesses and or bodily injuries. It can be taken by an individual or a group of people. The policy can be out-patient (walk in and out of hospital) only or in-patient (admission) only.
- Individual Health Plan – A comprehensive medical cover for singles, couples, and families.
- Maisha Smart Cover – Tailor-made medical product for SME’s, Chamas, and small groups.
- Corporate Covers – Best suited for large corporate with specific health insurance needs.
This policy insures the home. It combines coverage for the home that is, the building and household contents as well as domestic workers against death or injury while in the course of employment. The policy also covers the homeowners or occupiers against lawsuits for injury or property damage caused to other people (third parties).
4. Personal Accident
This policy provides financial benefits to an individual if he/she is involved in an accident resulting in injuries or death. While Group personal accident insurance provides financial benefits to a group of people such as a family, employees, chamas, learning institutions, SMEs, or any other group of people with a common interest.
5. Travel Insurance
6. Professional IndemnityIt covers liability to a third party arising from the performance of, or failure to perform services by a professional.
7.Work Injury Benefits Act (WIBA)
It provides compensation to employees for work-related injuries or diseases contracted as a result of work.
It protects employers from their legal liability to an employee for injury arising out of, and in the course of employment.
9. Public Liability Insurance
It protects an insured person or organization against their legal liability to members of the public (third parties) arising from death or bodily injury to third parties and loss of or damage to third party property.
10. Products Liability Insurance
It covers loss or damage to property caused by fire, lightning, or explosion.
12. Burglary or Theft Insurance
It covers loss or damage of insured property because of theft accompanied by visible, forcible, and violent entry into, or exit out of the insured premises.
13.Fidelity Guarantee Insurance
It covers the employer against the loss of money, loss of stock, or property which might result from acts of dishonesty or fraud by an employee.
14.Goods in Transit (GIT) Insurance
It covers loss or damage to goods and/or merchandise while moving it from one place to another.
15. Carriers Legal Liability Insurance
This policy insures a carrier against legal liability claims. It covers accidental loss or damage to goods in the custody or control of the insured whilst in transit by road, rail, inland waterway, air, or any other specified means.
List of Trident Insurance Branches in Kenya
1. Trident Insurance Head Office
Location: 1st Floor, Capitol Hill Towers, Cathedral Road, Off Processional Way, Nairobi
Contacts: 020 2721710 , 020 272174, 0720 600036, 0734 330036
2. Trident Insurance Nairobi CBD Branch
Location: 4th Floor, Barclays Queensway Building, Kaunda Street
Contacts: +254 – 20 2690973 / 20 2673597
3. Trident Insurance Mombasa Branch
Location: 2nd Floor, Jubilee Building, Moi Avenue
Contacts: +254 41 2312417 / 020 3501297
4. Trident Insurance Kisii Branch
Location: Jiwa Shamji Complex, 2nd Floor Kisumu Road, Kisii Town
Contacts: +254 20 2199814 / 0739939739
5. Trident Insurance Kisumu Branch
Location: Jubilee Insurance House, 2nd Floor Oginga Odinga Street
Contact: +254 20 2012901 / 739939461
6. Trident Insurance Eldoret Branch
Location: 2nd Floor, Imperial Court, Uganda Road
Contact: +254 20 2349953
7. Trident Insurance Nakuru Branch
Location: 1st Floor, Polo Centre, Kenyatta Avenue, Tom Mboya Street
Contacts: +254 20 2171018 / 0721 446737