These are benefits of being a member of the Federation of Kenya Employers (FKE). FKE was established in 1959 under the Trade Unions Act Cap 233. It is the national umbrella body and voice of employers in Kenya. It mainly serves as a platform for the articulation of key concerns of employers in Kenya, particularly in the areas of employment, labour relations and social policy.
The federation represents the interests of employers at the tripartite level, involving the government, employers and workers.
Here is a list of membership benefits of Federation Of Kenya Employers.
1. FKE members benefit from the advocacy and lobbying on policies and regulations that govern employers on behalf of members both locally and internationally.
2. Opportunities to partner with FKE in various activities to market your products.
3. As a member, you have at your disposal a wide range of services offered by a highly qualified team of legal and industrial relations experts who provide both labour specific legal advice and representation at the Ministry of labour, social security and services for free.
4. FKE has a wide nationwide geographical coverage hence bringing services at the doorsteps of members, from the regional offices.
5.Well qualified management and training consultants who enable member organisations to benefit and embrace the culture of best practices at the workplace.
6. Benefit from trainings which are carried out throughout the year, with an option of in-house and open courses, offered to members at discounted rates and assurance of National Industrial Training Authority refund.
7. Advice on workplace employee wellness and policy implementation.
8. Members benefit from policy documents and statistics that facilitate business practice.
9. Representation on various national committees, boards and government policy formulation discussions key to members.
10. Members enjoy the organised quarterly forums that allow business networking and partnership within the membership base.
11. FKE is involved in national budget proposals post-budget implementation analysis.
12. Strategic corporate social responsibility activities and sensitisation sessions for members.
13. Sharing of well-researched information on economic indicators and labour issues.
14. Secretariat services to trade associations.
15. Exclusive access to FKE resource centres countrywide.
16. Exclusive access to FKE online resources
17. Proof of member-based membership in good standing
18. Opportunity to advertise in FKE annual report and website at discounted rates.
19. Participation during FKE open day: annual event to exhibit FKE services.
20. Opportunities for business opportunities in networking with FKEs vast membership.