Nairobi has the notorious reputation for being a haven of some of the most dangerous criminals in the world. Although things have improved over the years, there are still pockets of crimes spread around the city. These are most dangerous areas of Nairobi that you should avoid at all costs.
1. Archives: It is most probably that you might get attacked or robbed in this area, so take a sensible precaution when visiting this area.
2. Nyamakima: In this area, it is quite possible that you will get mugged if adequate care is not taken.
3. Around Globe Cinema – You might experience mugging, snatching and breaking of car parts.
4. Kirinyaga Road – Careful when exploring this area because you might experience mugging and snatching of handbags and phones
5. Ambassadeur – Mugging (late night) and snatching (anytime)
Other places that you should be careful while in the CBD are ;
-Ronald Ngala Street – Snatching
Muthurwa – Mugging and snatching
-Uhuru Highway – Breaking of side mirrors and snatching
-OTC -Mugging and snatching
Insecurity is at an all time high in Nairobi, CBD is a jungle. The space around archives & famous Mr. Price holds most of the thieves. They use here to spot, prey on a target.
Which other streets are worst & need extreme caution while walking?
— Kenya West© (@KinyanBoy) January 21, 2018
Moi Avenue.. Mahali MSL huweka line. They grab your stuff and vanish into the dingy and poorly lit back streets
— Anjeyo Ananda 🇰🇪🇯🇵 (@anj_116_) January 21, 2018
The stretch between Clarion Hotel and that pizza place road. Not from Nairobi so sijui inaitwa aje. The road kando ya Jeevanjee.
— Kitchen Ninja (@shobanes) January 21, 2018
The theives start trailing people from junction of moi ave & kenyatta ave so that they disappear into the archives crowd. At night it's hapo globe. They disappear into that river park. If alone, never walk slow in the cbd & take the long detour.
— Harambee (@JesseKenya) January 21, 2018
River road, Webera street, Railways stage, Afya center, Bus station stage
— Weldon.Kibet (@weldon_CK) January 21, 2018
Bus park behind afya house is the mother of all.
— jack (@jack33809528) January 21, 2018
That area at the junction Tom Mboya and Kenyatta Avenue needs care
— Frantz Fanon (@waweru) January 21, 2018
Yes, I can attest to that, and the galitos just opposite Mr. Price.
The thieves ranging from 19-22 .
I honestly see kids in them, that steal from other kids.
— Melissa Ogutu (@melissa_ogutu) January 21, 2018