This article focuses on Mwito Sacco membership eligibility and requirements. Mwito Sacco is a nationwide deposit-taking Sacco established in the year 1979 under the Co-operative Societies Act Cap 490 of the laws of Kenya.
The Sacco’s main objective was and has been to promote savings and to provide affordable, diversified and timely credit facilities to its members.
Mwito Sacco is regulated by the Sacco Societies Regulatory Authority (SASRA). It currently has a membership of more than 8,104 actively contributing members.
Mwito Sacco Membership Eligibility
The Sacco’s membership is open to all. It mainly draws membership from;
- Kenya Wildlife and Tourism.
- Kenya Marines.
- Fisheries Research Institute.
- Private companies.
- Business people.
- County governments.
- State commissions.
Mwito Sacco Membership Requirements
- Dully filled membership form.
- Copy of your National ID/Passport.
- KRA PIN.
- 2 passport size photos.
- Joining fees of Kshs 1,000 and share capital of Kshs 20,000 which can be paid gradually.
Benefits of Membership
- Enjoy affordable credit products for as low as 1% interest rate per month.
- Benefits accruing from the Sacco’s products are paid back to members as dividends and interest on deposits.
- Members through the electoral process influence decisions affecting the running of the society.
- Enjoy exemplary services from the Sacco’s esteemed team onsite and offline.
- Access your accounts with ease through FOSA sacco link card and M-Mwito (mobile banking solution).
Mwito Sacco Products & Services
- Development loan.
- Top up loan.
- Manufaa loan.
- Emergency loan.
- School fees loan.
- College/university loan.
- Karibu loan.
- Instant loan.
- Group account (chama).
- FOSA savings account.
- Children/ mtoto account.
- Group account.
- Sacco link 360.
- Holiday savings account.
- Education savings account.
- Salary in advance.
- FOSA advance.
- Clearing of third party cheques.
- Processing payment of salaries done immediately cheques are received.
- Immediate payment of members’ loans upon receipt from the society.
- ATM cards: the sacco is currently in partnership with Co-operative Bank to provide ATM services to members across the country.
- Standing order facilities.
- Sale of co-operative bank banker’s cheques.
- Safe custody services for valuable documents.
Mwito Sacco Contacts
Location: Ngara Estate, Next to Kenya Institute of Curriculum Development, Nairobi.
Contacts: 0713 786 028/ 0715 555 390.