Nairobi Women’s Hospital is one of the best in the business when it comes to maternity care in Kenya. This is a 479-bed hospital that is located along Argwings Kodhek Road in Hurlingham. The facility which was established in 2001 has 8 branches in Adams Arcade, Ongata-Rongai, Kitengela, Nakuru Hyrax, Nakuru CBD, Naivasha, Meru and Mombasa.
The Nairobi Women’s Hospital has two main maternity packages; normal delivery package and caesarian package. They are further subdivided into the following categories.
A.Normal Delivery Package
- Mid-wife Delivery Package
- Mid-wife Delivery Package PLUS
- Obstetrician Delivery Package
- Private Patients Normal Delivery Package
B. Caesarean Section Package
- Elective or Emergency Caesarean Section Package
- Private Patients Caesarean Package
1.Mid-wife Delivery Package: Ksh 30,0000
This is for mothers who do not require an obstetrician- This is a doctor with specialist qualifications in delivering babies and providing medical care to women during pregnancy and after birth. An obstetrician has skills to manage complex or high-risk pregnancies and births.
This package includes:
- Delivery (delivery room and nursing charges)
- Ward bed up to two days for mother and baby
- Medical officer ward review
- Drugs and dressings
- Initial immunisation for BCG and Polio
Excludes: vacuum, complicated delivery, breech delivery or instruments used for delivery, drugs used in the induction of labour where required, doctors (obstetrician/gynaecologist & paediatrician reviews) and caesarean section.
2. Mid-wife Delivery Package PLUS: Ksh 40,000
It includes all the services offered under the mid-wife delivery package and the following :
Includes all of the above, plus:
- 1 Obstetrician ward review
- 1 Paediatrician examination
3. Obstetrician Delivery Package: Ksh 64,000
This package includes delivery by a resident obstetrician and the following:
- Obstetrician ward review
- Paediatrician examination
4. Private Patients Normal Delivery Package: Ksh 36,000
Here, one is allowed to use a private doctor for delivery at Nairobi Women’s Hospital. You will pay the doctor and Nairobi Women’s Hospital separately.
5.Elective or Emergency Caesarean Section Package: Ksh 145,000
This package Includes:
- Theatre charges
- 4 days ward stay
- One day nursery stay
- 2 x Obstetrician ward reviews
- 1 x Paediatrician review
- Ward drugs and dressings
- Initial immunisation as per the KEPI schedule; BCG & Polio
6. Private Patients Caesarean Package: Ksh 145,000
This package is for patients with private doctors. You will be charged the same amount as for Elective or Emergency Caesarean Section Package; Ksh 145,000.
Nairobi Women’s Hospital Contacts
Call : +2547 09 667 000