These are the National Youth Service ( NYS) recruitment requirements in Kenya. The National Youth Service (NYS) is a government organization in Kenya that was established in 1964 to train young people in important national matters. The main aim of NYS is to equip young Kenyans with technical skills to solve the ever-rising rate of unemployment in the country.
Below are the requirements one must meet to join the National Youth Service.
1. You must be a Kenyan citizen and a resident of the respective sub-County of recruitment centre.
2. You must be ready to undergo medical check-up during and after recruitment.
3. You must be prepared to give voluntary service to the Nation in any part of Kenya.
4. You must be prepared to undergo extreme physical training.
5. You must be a KCSE certificate holder with a minimum mean grade of D+
6. You must produce an original National Identity Card, Academic Certificates and avail one set of photocopies of the same.
7. You must have a valid certificate of Good Conduct- Here is how to Apply for Certificate of Good Conduct in Kenya
8. You must be 18 – 22 years old.
Note: Orphans who meet the above qualifications are always given special preference subject to production of sufficient documentary proof such as parents’ death Certificates or burial permits.
Upon recruitment, successful candidates report at the NYS Colleges in Gilgil or Naivasha for the NYS Basic Paramilitary training on dates and times specified in respective calling letters.
Kenya National Youth Service ( NYS) Contacts
National Youth Service has its Headquarters in Ruaraka, off Thika Road.
P.O.Box: 30397-00100 Nairobi GPO