Netflix is an online streaming service that allows members or subscribers to access or watch a variety of movies, popular TV shows, animations, award-winning narrations, and other relevant programmes. It is a worldwide platform that is available in almost all countries except Syria, North Korea, Crimea, and mainland China.
Netflix has over the years grown to be one of the biggest streaming sites, not only in Kenya but the rest of the world. The site has over 180 million paid subscriptions worldwide.
Netflix subscribers in Kenya initially had to pay subscription charges in terms of dollars. However, that is no longer the case as subscribers can comfortably pay their rates in Kenyan shillings. This means that the current rates and packages are affordable to many.
Here is a list of Netflix packages available in Kenya as of 2020.
1. Basic Package
The basic package is convenient for those on a tight budget as it is the cheapest and most affordable plan. The package costs 700 shillings per month. It comes with the following perks;
- Access to unlimited movies and TV shows at HD quality
- The privilege of watching movies and shows on your laptop, TV, phone or tablet
- You can watch on one screen at a time/ watch from one device at a time
2. Standard Package
The standard package costs 950 shillings per month. It includes the following benefits;
- Access to unlimited movies and shows on your laptop, smart TV, phone or tablet
- HD streaming
- Ability to watch on two screens at a go. This means you can share your Netflix account with a friend or another party
3. Premium Package
This is the most expensive Netflix plan and is mainly convenient for subscribers who want to share their Netflix account with a group of people or several parties (4people). It costs 1200 shillings per month. The plan comes with the following benefits;
- Ultra HD streaming
- Access to unlimited movies and TV shows on your laptop, TV, phone or tablet
- Ability to watch on four screens or devices at a go
N/B: New Netflix subscribers or customers do not pay subscription fees for the first 30 days. The subscribers enjoy free trials and access to the premium package for the first 30 days.