In our previous post, we highlighted the importance of NHIF and various hospitals which allow NHIF. Today, we have made a comprehensive guide on how you can pay your NHIF using Mpesa. The most important things you should know are the NHIF Paybill number and your contributor’s National Identity Card Number. Remember that the payment via Mpesa option is only for voluntary contributors and self-employed Kenyans.
Here we go!
How to Pay NHIF Using Mpesa
1. On your phone, go to the Mpesa Menu and select the Lipa na Mpesa option.
2. Click on the Pay Bill option.
3. Enter the NHIF Business number ( PAYBILL NUMBER) which is 200222.
4. Enter your National ID Number as the account number.
5. Enter the amount of money you would like to pay, confirm if everything is alright and press okay.
6. After that, you will receive a confirmation message from Safaricom if your transaction was successful.
..and that is how you pay for your NHIF using Mpesa!
In the next post, we will highlight on the charges for NHIF when using Mpesa.