This article focuses on NSSF Sacco membership eligibility and requirements. NSSF Sacco formerly NASSEFU Savings Credit Society was registered on 20th August 1990 by 8 employees of NHIF.
The Sacco grew to 280 members in its first Annual General Meeting (AGM). This was a common goal initiated by the members employed in NSSF at the time.
With increased member activity and growth in assets, FOSA commenced operations in December 2010, after obtaining licensing from SASRA to offer quasi-banking services to NSSF Sacco members at competitive rates.
This catapulted the Sacco’s growth further where it was now necessary to open the common bond of the sacco, enabling more employer companies to join with their employees.
The Sacco’s membership has grown to more than 8,000 members with an asset base of over 2.59 billion.
NSSF Membership Requirements
- Fill up a membership form, complete with personal details, next of kin and list of nominees. The membership form can be downloaded from the Sacco’s website.
- Attach a passport size photo and a copy of your ID.
- Membership registration fee is Kshs 1,000. This is a one-off payment (non-refundable).
- Share capital. The sacco has different categories; Category A,B and C for Kshs 20,000, 10,000 and 5,000 respectively. This is a non refundable fee but transferable to an existing sacco member upon exit from the sacco.
- Monthly contribution of Kshs 3,200. Kshs 200 goes towards loan guard insurance thus not included in the savings.
- Sacco withdrawal takes 60 days from receipt of withdrawal letter. A withdrawal fee of Kshs 1,000 applies.
NSSF Sacco Loan Products
- Emergency loan.
- School fees loan.
- Fanisi loan.
- Special flex loan.
- Supersaver loan.
- Refinancing loan.
- Karo loan.
- Development loan.
- Nawiri loan.
- Jumbo loan.
- Salary advance loan.
- Premium loan.
- Make over loan.
- Tausi loan.
- FOSA twiga loan.
- Tausi loan.
- Mobile advance loan.
- Mustard asset loan.
- Bima loan.
NSSF Sacco Contacts
Location: Social Security House, Block C, Ground Floor, Bishop Road, Nairobi.
Contacts: 0111 018 100/ 020 283 2939.