South Africa is a fabulous Pesach destination for the ideal Passover Program. The activities and atmosphere of this part of the world are unique and exhilarating. While in South Africa there is not time for anyone in your traveling group to become bored, and you are so busy having fun that the time will fly by.
Nestled amongst the Magalies Mountains you will find Hunters Rest Resort. This resort is Pesach-friendly and ready to welcome all Jewish travelers. The accommodations are comfortable and they offer close proximity to adventure.
From your room, you will have a panoramic view of the mountains. You will also have all of the amenities you would expect or desire in a hotel.
Great Place for Families
If you have children accompanying you on your Passover vacation then this South Africa destination is a perfect choice. The hotel operates a children’s club that is manned by counselors who are specifically trained to work with children. The children will be entertained with planned activities and toys.
The program for the kids also includes meaningful and educational activities. While the children are playing, they will also be learning. They will have physical activity to help; they use all of their energy in jump houses, swimming, and more. They will also have arts and crafts classes, movies and entertainment, and snacks and foods that are Passover approved.
Close by the Resort
There are a lot of activities offered on the grounds of the resort, but there are even more fascinating adventures awaiting you at local facilities.
- The Pilanesberg Game Reserve is a location that encompasses 550 square kilometers of bushland. It is home to more than 10,000 African mammals including lions, leopards, rhinoceros, and elephants. A Safari on this Game Reserve lets you see how the animals live in their natural habitats.
- Sun City Entertainment Complex has activities and entertainments offered both day and night. You could go here every day and still not see everything or do everything available.
- The Kromdraai Gold Mine is a great way to see how gold was mined in the past. You will gain a new perspective of how difficult gold mining was, and how the process has developed over time.
- The Lion & Safari Park offers a drive-through adventure. You drive through the park and see the lions, cheetahs, and other animals in their native habitat. This is especially great for small children or older individuals who might get tired of hiking in a Safari. You can do the drive-through during the day or go on a night drive. You can drive yourself through the park or take a guided safari where you can learn more about the animals as you go through the area.
- The Bird Gardens allow you to walk through an area filled with mammals, reptiles and colorful birds from Africa and around the world. You will be able to see live performances of the birds and learn more about them. Everything is done in your own space so it is relaxing and fun.
- Bushbabies Monkey Sanctuary allows you to see many different species of exotic monkeys. There are elevated wooden walkways built through the indigenous forest so you can get a close-up view of the habitat of the monkeys as well as a view of the animals as they go about their normal daily routines.
- The Rhino and Lion Reserve is dedicated to endangered species of the area. Lions, rhinos, and cheetahs are all in some danger of becoming extinct from South Africa. You can learn more about the animals and also the price of admission and souvenirs help to fund the park so these animals have a safe place to live.
- Croc City Crocodile and Reptile Park gets you up close and personal with baby crocodiles and with selected snake species. You have never had an experience like this before.
- The Elephant Sanctuary not only lets you get visuals of the elephants and their habitats it allows you to interact with the creatures. You will walk amongst the elephants and touch them. It is truly a one-of-a-kind experience.
South Africa offers diverse landscapes where you can go on safari, participate in water activities, and view historical sites and structures. There are a wide number of museums, cultural experiences, and monuments to help you learn more about the country and the people who inhabit it.
Back at the Resort
At the resort, you will have all the comforts of home. You will have foods prepared for you that follow all of your dietary guidelines. You can have a private seder or join a group of like-minded worshippers for the seder.
There are nightly entertainers to amuse you. The food and activities at the resort are all included in your package, so you do not have to worry about paying extra for every drink, snack or show you decide to attend.
South Africa is a unique place that everyone should get to experience at least once in their life. You will be talking about your trip to this area for many years, and more than likely you will book another Passover vacation there in the very near future. Have fun and enjoy the flora, fauna, people and wildlife of this amazing place on earth.