This article highlights the Principal Secretary’s salary and allowances in Kenya. A principal secretary is tasked with the administration of a state department. There are 51 principal secretaries in Kenya.
Functions of Principal Secretaries in Kenya
- Implementing government policies and the strategic plan for the state department.
- Facilitating the achievement of the goals and objectives of Government and Inter-Governmental programs and projects.
- Developing and implementing an effective performance management system.
- Ensuring efficient and effective utilization of Financial, Human and other Resources in the State Department. This includes submitting regular statutory reports.
- Promoting high standards of professional ethics in the operations of their respective departments.
Principal Secretary Salary In Kenya
The gross monthly salary attached to this post is Ksh 765,188 plus other benefits as determined by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission.
Below is a breakdown of the pay.
|Principal Secretary Salary And Allowances|
|Basic Salary||Ksh 459,113|
|House Allowance||Ksh 150,000|
|Market Adjustment||Ksh 156,075|
|Total Salary Per Month||Ksh 765,188|