This article focuses on registration fees for veterinary professionals in Kenya. All veterinary professionals wishing to practice in Kenya are required to register with the Kenya Veterinary Board.
Kenya Veterinary Board is a state corporation created by the Veterinary Surgeons and Veterinary Paraprofessionals (VSVP) Act, 2011. The Board was launched on 14th February 2012, in accordance with the provision of section 4 (1) of the VSVP Act.
The Board is mandated to exercise general supervision and control over the training, business, practice and employment of veterinary surgeons and veterinary para-professionals in Kenya.
Registration forms can be downloaded from the board’s website www.kenyavetboard.or.ke. The following documents should be attached to the duly filled application form.
- Academic certificates (not result slip).
- Professional certificates.
- National Identity Card/passport.
- Passport size photograph.
- Registration document from professional association.
Registration is mandatory for all veterinary professionals wishing to practice in the country. Registration is open for the following veterinary professionals:
- Foreign Veterinary Surgeons (temporary registration)
- Veterinary Surgeons/ Veterinary Para-professional
- Veterinary interns
- Veterinary institutions and Organisations
Here is a list of registration fees for veterinary professionals in Kenya.
1. Fees to practice as a Veterinary Specialist
Fees: Kshs. 20,000, paid every 5 years.
2. Fees to practice as a Veterinary Para-professional
Fees: Kshs. 3,000, paid annually.
3. Fees for registration/retention as a Veterinary Surgeon
Fees: Kshs 4,000, paid annually.
4. Fees for temporary registration as a Veterinary Surgeon Intern
Fees: Kshs. 1,000, paid once.
5. Fees for temporary registration as a Veterinary Paraprofessional Intern
Fees: Kshs 500, paid once.
6. Fees for registration/retention as a Veterinary Paraprofessional: Veterinary Technologist
Fees: Kshs. 2,000, paid annually.
7. Fees for registration/retention as a Veterinary Paraprofessional: Veterinary Technician
Fees: Kshs. 1,000, paid annually.
8. Fees for temporary registration and retention of a Veterinary Surgeon
Fees: 1,000 USD, paid every two years.
Kenya Veterinary Board Contacts
The board allows personal visits to its offices from Monday to Friday, 8:00 am- 1:00 pm and 2:00 pm-5:00 pm.
Board Offices Location: Kabete.
Contacts: 0722 305 253, 0701 581 718.